How do you switch from a shared vault to a personal vault with 1Password 4 running on Windows 8

Options
MMW
MMW
Community Member

Our tech guy shared a business vault through dropbox and now when I open Password 4 application, I no longer have access to my personal vault. I am prompted to use our shared master password. From the 1Password icon the drop down on the top left, there use to be an option Control +1 for the shared vault and Control +2 for the personal vault but it is no longer there. How can I retrieve my personal vault and how do I switch back and forth?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @MMW,

Can you open the main 1Password application, go to the File Menu > Reopen 1Password Vault, do you see your previous vault on the list?

If not, can you check the default directory Documents > 1Password to see if your personal vault is in there, it should be called 1Password.agilekeychain. If you do see it, open the 1Password application, and go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault to select this vault. Now, try to unlock with the password for your personal vault and see if it will work now.

If yes, does 1Password now show both vaults in the list via the toolbar or File Menu > Reopen 1Password Vault?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

it should be called 1Password.agilekeychain. If you do see it, double-click on it

@MikeT On Windows, I'm afraid you cannot double-click on 1Password.agilekeychain. It is a folder.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @svondutch, fixed. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.