Suggestions for Synch between iPhone and Android device

Options
DanMan
DanMan
Community Member

Hello,

I have an iPhone 5s and am using 1Password with iCloud sync enabled. I now have a work Android (Samsung Galaxy s5) that I would like to synch vaults with.

(a) Must I do this via Drop Box as I doubt iCloud can copy information to the Android device?
(b) Must I upgrade to the Pro version in order to accomplish this?
(c) If I would like to share passwords with my spouse who has an iPhone, do I need to upgrade to Pro?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DanMan,

I'd be happy to help you get up and running with that.

(a) Must I do this via Drop Box as I doubt iCloud can copy information to the Android device?

Yes. The only sync type that both iOS and Android share are Dropbox.

(b) Must I upgrade to the Pro version in order to accomplish this?

Nope. Syncing is a free feature.

(c) If I would like to share passwords with my spouse who has an iPhone, do I need to upgrade to Pro?

Only if you want to use multiple vaults. If you only need one vault then Pro is not required.

Thanks!

• DanMan
    DanMan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Bwoodruff.

If I try and sync an iOS device with an Android device both using 1Password Apps, and using DropBox for synch, how does this work exactly? I see if one is synching over iCloud, they must both use the same Apple ID for two iOS devices to synch properly. What are the steps with DropBox to accomplish this between iOS and Android?

Also, it doesn't appear I can "share a vault" from the iOS app. It appears I need to do this from the PC or Mac App, is that true?

• Ben
    Options

If I try and sync an iOS device with an Android device both using 1Password Apps, and using DropBox for synch, how does this work exactly? I see if one is synching over iCloud, they must both use the same Apple ID for two iOS devices to synch properly. What are the steps with DropBox to accomplish this between iOS and Android?

iCloud isn't an option if you are using Android. Apple hasn't opened their iCloud sync service to non-Apple devices.

You can learn more about syncing with Dropbox here:

Also, it doesn't appear I can "share a vault" from the iOS app. It appears I need to do this from the PC or Mac App, is that true?

Sharing is actually done through Dropbox, not 1Password: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/share-a-vault

This discussion has been closed.