Command \ fill and multiple logins

Options
esstroud
esstroud
Community Member

Hello. For certain sites I have multiple user logins stored. For some of those sites, 1Password asks which login I want to use when I hit the command+\ shortcut. On others, it picks one and submits without asking (this is the use case I'm trying to fix. I don't see any obvious settings that explains this behavior. Could you help? Thanks!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

@esstroud: Of course we can! Help is our middle name: 1Pass-Help-Word. Or something. :pirate:

So it sounds like there may be some subtle differences with these logins. Take a look at:
    a) the URLs in your login items,
    b) the URLs of the login pages themselves,
    c) Lenient URL Matching (in 1Password Preferences > Browser) to get the result you're looking for, or
    d) all of the above.

Sometimes a 'website' is actually a collection of different login pages on different subdomains and even different domains altogether (e.g. citibank.com, online.citibank.com, and accountonline.com), so 1Password won't necessarily be offering you a single login for all three if they don't match.

And if you don't want to enable Lenient URL Matching across the board, another option is to simply edit a login item to add alternate URLs (under 'website 2', etc.) I hope this helps! :)

• esstroud
    esstroud
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the reply. I'm circling back to this after many months of neglect. You're solution set me on the right path.

Cheers,
    Eric

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@esstroud: Fantastic! Thanks for following up. I'm glad I was able to help! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.