Hitting the login button not register

Options
gwpass
gwpass
Community Member

Hi there, I've used 1pw for some years now.
Some sites present the user with a register button first - sometimes above the register button. If you fill and submit from 1pw it hits the register button not the login button. Is there anyway to force 1pw to hit the login button not the register button in a situation like this.

Thanks

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gwpass,

We don't actually interact with the buttons at all. When we submit a login we simulate the user pressing the enter key and hope the page behaves in a reasonable manner. If you find a site that you're having issues with there are a couple of options. If you post the URL here maybe (we can't guarantee anything!) we can find a solution. The only 100% way to work with a site that behaves like this though is to edit the Login item from within the main 1Password window. When you edit an item you will find a couple of options become visible, one of which is titled submit. If you change the submit field from Submit when enabled to Never submit it will mean you have to click on the login button but it does mean our simulated pressing of the enter key can't be misinterpreted by the login page.

Let us know what you think :smile:

• gwpass
    gwpass
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks, that's interesting, I guess a page could have multiple button options, and 1pw couldn't identify the correct one. The never submit option is the perfect option here, thanks. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gwpass, I'm glad we could find a solution that works for you :smile: If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

This discussion has been closed.