Can't Remember my Master Password

Options
yhtaK
yhtaK
Community Member

Hi, I am not quite giving up, however it looks like I may not remember the password to unlock 1Password. I understand that there is no way to retrieve it, just wondering if my only option is then to delete the app from my iPhone and then to re install a new app and create and enter all info again (and to hide my password somewhere safe!). Would this be a correct assessment?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @yhtaK,

We have a knowledge base guide available on the subject here:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/5/en/topic/master-password-not-accepted

Thanks!

Ben

• LFrasser
    LFrasser
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried everything. How do I start a new vault if i can't access the master vault?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

@LFrasser - I answered your question in the thread you started to ask the same question. Take a look there, and if you have more questions, post them back in that thread.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LFrasser: Indeed. I'm sorry to hear that. (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. Only you will have had this information.

If you changed your Master Password, you can try to restore from a backup, sync from another device, or — failing that — simply start over. 1Password is as secure as the Master Password you choose, but this also means that unless it is entered correctly even you will not be able to unlock it. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.