1Password4 - Can't get extension working properly [Resolved]

Options
thedavea
thedavea
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Mac

Hi there !
I'm experiencing a new issue with the browser extension for Chrome ( 41.0.2272.104 (64-bit) & Safari (7.1.4 (9537.85.13.7) for
my Laptop ( 10.9.8) and aswell my iMac which is running the last Yosemite.
When I click the icon on my browser it says :"Looking for the 1Password app.The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly." And a bubble is appeared saying something like: "1password mini is running, to use 1password inside google Chrome, this app needs to left running in your menu bar ".

I've uninstalled & re-installed both 1password and Chrome but no changes.

Any help input would be greatly appreciated :+1:

Cheers

Comments

• thedavea
    thedavea
    Community Member
    Options

Someone ?!

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thedavea,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us :+1:

I just noticed from your screenshot that you are using AdBlock, which is known to interfere between the Chrome extension and 1Password mini. Could you please temporarily disable it, restart Chrome and see if this solves the problem?

Please also make sure that you do not have any other antivirus or firewall app blocking connections to local host (127.0.0.1).

I look forward to your reply :wink:

Cheers!

• thedavea
    thedavea
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @Rad,
    thanx for your reply. I've fixed it with the help of Marshal who pointed, as you, the prob of the firewall and more precisely, the fact that there was a rule with LS to block 127.0.0.1, so I deleted this rules and all became fluid as before ;-)

Cheers !

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thedavea ,

I'm so glad to hear that our team was able to help get you sorted out - thanks for letting us know!

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.