Where are files downloaded in 1 Browser on iphone stored?

Louiselovesapps
Louiselovesapps
Community Member

I tried to download files while in 1browser but I am not sure if they are really there, and if they are, how to get at them. Anyone know?

Comments

• Hi @Louiselovesapps ,

Any files viewable by 1Browser are stored in a temporary cache area for viewing, but are removed shortly after. 1Browser will not keep any files it can not display. Instead it'll ask you to open it in Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Louiselovesapps: 1Password doesn't actually manage download or storage of files (except attachments that were sync'd from the desktop apps). 1Browser is meant to allow you to have access to 1Password features while you navigate websites, and website data (cookies, images, HTML) is just cached temporarily (you can erase this data in 1Password Settings > 1Browser > Clear Web Data). I hope this helps! :)

• Louiselovesapps
    Louiselovesapps
    Community Member

Yes, it does help. In my case, I want to use Freegal (the service through libraries that allows you to download music.) WHen I tap the file to download it, it plays, but after I cannot access it. So - if I understand, if I wanted to navigate to a site where I wanted to download a file, I would use 1Browser to login, and then open the site in Safari. When I open in Safari am I still logged in? Thank you both for your prompt responses. I am always telling people about your great product

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Louiselovesapps: Ah, thank you for clarifying! Yes, on iOS even Safari does not support file downloads in the way that it does on Mac or PC.

In some cases, Safari (and 1Password) will let you play or view supported file types, such as streaming music or video, but the website has to embed the files a certain way -- and even then it is only for playing in real time. There may be some apps out there that are media players that support saving the files, but I'm afraid I don't know of any offhand that would be appropriate for the example you gave.

In regard to your question about going from 1Browser to Safari, in fact you can actually use many of 1Password's features right in Safari now, using the 1Password extension. You just need to enable it, and then you can bring it up using the Share menu at the bottom to access your logins and other information from 1Password. And many other apps have added support for the 1Password extension as well. :)

• Louiselovesapps
    Louiselovesapps
    Community Member

ohhh!! Just added the 1Password extension to Safari. Love learning something new!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Louiselovesapps,

The iOS Safari extension is pretty neat, I hope you like it :smile: It's new to iOS 8 as are all extensions so lots of excitement as we all discover what is possible.

This discussion has been closed.