How to delete 1Password iCloud sync but not using iPhone apps

Options
amyluo
amyluo
Community Member

I forgot my 1Password main vault master password and can't login to iPhone apps anymore. So how could I delete my iCloud sync data by login to iCloude website?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @amyluo,

Please see this guide on starting over if you are unable to remember your Master Password:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/5/en/topic/starting-over

There is a link in that guide that will explain how to erase the data in iCloud, but please note that in this situation you'd need to create a new vault first before you'll be able to access those settings.

Thanks!

Ben

• dbreyes
    dbreyes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Wanted to sync iPhone 6 1PW with iCloud. It said "Password found existing data in iCloud" -> merge; it asked for vault password. I wrote my master pw and it refused it. I put my iCloud pw, and it was no go. Are there other pws that it is asking for?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dbreyes: First, be sure it isn't asking you for the iCloud password. But if 1Password is asking you for the Master Password, that will be the one you set up for your vault. Just keep in mind that if you had been using 1Password previously you may have an old vault still in iCloud with a different Master Password.

Try the steps in this guide to see if you are able to gain access. Unfortunately, AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password you used to secure it, so you may need to start over from scratch if you aren't able to get in. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• dbreyes
    dbreyes
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll try your suggestions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dbreyes: Great! Be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :chuffed:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Your so called iCloud password is your apple account password while used often in many cases, it is not your master 1Password nor should be.

In case you missed the optional link called (delete 1Password data from iCloud) try this.

Using your iPhone go to setting, iCloud, storage, manage storage, documents and data. Here click 1Password, edit, delete all.

Documents and data is your sync data that is current data.

If you included 1Password in a full IOS backup it would be in the cloud in a separate way.

Your 1Password data in a full IOS backup would be only from the last saved date. If you ever reset and restore your phone from a backup 1Password checks documents and data for current data and matches it up to current.

Using your iPhone go to setting, iCloud, storage, manage storage, backups. Here click the backup and delete backup.

Sense you do not remember your correct password it does not do you any good to restore now, but at least you can remove your data from the cloud and start over and once 1Password does its first sync it will recreate a new documents and data to the cloud.

Try to practice memorizing your new password so you want be locked out.

Thanks to 1Password app I only have to know two passwords my IOS password and my master 1Password. Otherwise I would have to know my 66 other passwords for three people. It takes time to enter all that stuff, but after that you just update changes and life is easier.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for your input here, @kunder!

This discussion has been closed.