Which computer and phone versions sync?

Swivelable
Swivelable
Community Member

Which Mac version will sync with which iOS version? Since I upgraded to MacOSX8.5 and 1P 4.4.3 I can no longer sync to iOS 1P 3.7.2.
But will the latest iOS sync to 4.4.3?

Also, is there an upgrade path or do I need to buy a new iOS license?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

As far as iOS is concerned, the basic version of 1PW is now free. You would have to pay for additional features by an in-app purchase.

No trouble with syncing if you use Dropbox (or wi-fi sync). But I don't think iCloud sync works on that setup.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

@Swivelable: You can continue to use 1Password 4 for Mac (but keep in mind that 1Password 5 is a free upgrade, if and when you move to Yosemite), but you will need at least 1Password 4 for iOS, since Wi-Fi Sync was rewritten from scratch for version 4.

Keep in mind that Dropbox Sync is supported in all current versions of 1Password across all platforms. However, Dropbox changed their API long after development on 1Password 3 for iOS had ceased, so only the newer versions support the new Dropbox API -- and therefore Dropbox Sync. I hope this helps! :)

@danco: You are correct! I also just wanted to clarify this for others (not you) who might stumble upon this thread: iCloud Sync works between 1Password 5 for iOS and 1Password 5 for Mac (from the Mac App Store) only.

• Swivelable
    Swivelable
    Community Member

Thanks for your replies.
    I was hesitant to upgrade to 1P5 for iOS since I'm using the iPhone 4s, but the two described methods of downgrading to 1P4 on the phone did not work with my setup. That's what I get for trying to upgrade software on antiquated hardware. The app seems to work fine tho, and wifi sync between mac 1P 4.4.3 and phone 1P 5.2.1 went smoothly. It certainly is a great combination; I'm very happy to be able to set up passwords on the desktop and take with with me on the portable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Swivelable: Understood. Downgrading can be troublesome. Wi-Fi Sync was rewritten in 1Password 4, so version 5 uses the same protocols.

Very convenient. I'm glad that's working for you now! Be sure to holler if we can be of further assistance. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.