random notification on my iPhone 6

Options
beno
beno
Community Member

Over the last few days, every time I open 1Password on my iPhone 6, I get a notification saying: "Please unlock 1Password on your Mac. 1Password encountered a problem". I have no idea what this is, since there's nothing locked on my Macbook, and everything works fine. Eventually it goes away. Am I being hacked or is there really something wrong?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

@beno: Sorry for the confusion! You are not being hacked. In fact, you are receiving the error because 1Password is trying to make a secure connection and failing; rather than 1Password for iOS just connecting to anything, it needs to authenticate directly with 1Password for Mac. If 1Password on your Mac is unlocked, there may just be a network issue that's causing the communication to fail. In that case, restart both devices and your router.

It sounds like you have 1Password set up to use Wi-Fi Sync, so when you open it on your iPhone it tries to communicate with your Mac to sync the data. In order for this to work though, 1Password needs to be unlocked there, and if it isn't you will receive that error. If you do not wish to use Wi-Fi Sync, be sure to disable it in 1Password (on iOS) Settings > Syncing > Sync Service > Disable Sync. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.