Long URL's and easiest way to get them into 1Password

Options
Jan81
Jan81
Community Member

Not all of my logins take me to the login page. For instance, Amazon's login URL is about a mile long. Is there any easy way to get this into 1Password without typing the whole thing?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jan81: Indeed! Tap in the address bar, tap again to bring up the menu to Select All, and then choose Copy. You can then paste it into your new login item in 1Password. I hope this helps! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I always just enter the main website address example amazon.com
    Why? Two reasons. It is shorter and the login page can sometimes change. Just click the sign in link from web site home page and then click the key symbol in 1Password it will fill in your login and password. Not to contradict. It is just another option.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kunder: I agree, under many circumstances. But for websites that I like to have 1Password navigate to (and login) for me, having a direct URL for the login form is a great timesaver.

But Amazon is a great example, since I stay 'signed in' there most of the time and then just need to authenticate when I make a purchase (or view my account). I'm with you there. :)

This discussion has been closed.