Generic Accounts not syncing from Windows [Resolved]

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
edited March 2015 in iOS
This discussion was created from comments split from: Generic account (generated on Win PC) among Logins in iOS.

Comments

• jwoelfel
    jwoelfel
    Community Member

Hi,

I think this even turned worse, as I encountered today all generic accounts created in windows do not sync at all to 1Password on Mac (Macbook).
    That's not nice, if you cannot rely on having your passwords around, when you'r on the road.
    Is there any workaround available, or any way to quickly change the item type, reentering is not really an option.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jwoelfel: That is strange. I created a new Generic Account item in 1Password 4 for Windows (on 8.1) and it sync'd successfully to 1Password 5 on my Mac (on 10.10.2) using Dropbox. Please tell me about your setup, so we can try to reproduce the problem here. Are you using a different version or sync solution?

I am splitting this into it's own discussion, since it is a slightly different issue. I look forward to hearing back from you so we can get this sorted out! :)

• jwoelfel
    jwoelfel
    Community Member

@brenty oops, sorry for that, I found the problem! I expected 1Password on Mac to sync automatically like the one in Windows and iPhone, but it doesn't.
    Seems it syncs only after I quit it completely. I just put my Mac to standby and ran out of house, so the passwords created during the last 2 days while 1password was running an Mac was only put to standby weren't synced, they were replicated with dropbox and appeared on Mac as files in dropbox, but 1Password doesn't read that when it is unlocked.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jwoelfel ,

I'm so glad that you're all synced up!

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jwoelfel: Ah, that's great! :)

And just to clarify, the Dropbox app is doing the syncing on the computer. It works in the background automatically, but it isn't instantaneous. It detects changes to files and then uploads them to the Dropbox servers. It's pretty quick, but it does take a few ticks sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.