"Scan the Barcode" screen all white on my iPhone 6+ (Solved, reporting bug)

liscio
liscio
Community Member

Hey there, AgileFolk,

I have the latest 1Password on my iPhone 6+ and haven't been able to get the One-Time Password feature to work at all. I always got stuck when I tapped on the QR code icon, and then the "Scan the Barcode" screen shows up white.

I just found the solution to the problem, however. It turns out that I must have said 'No' the first time 1Password asked me for access to my camera without thinking about it. I verified this by hopping over to Settings and sure enough, my Camera settings in Privacy indicated that 1Password had no access to my camera. Flicked the switch, and all is good now.

I'm not sure how the Camera API works in iOS, but I would recommend trying to prompt the user once again for Camera access at this stage or otherwise disable the barcode scanning UI with an alert when camera access is not available/allowed.

Take care,

Chris

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @liscio,

I'm sure I've seen both behaviours in iOS apps but you're right, one makes a lot more sense than the other. Why leave the user confused if we can put a notification to let them know. I've created a ticket based on your report and thank you for pointing this out :smile:

ref: OPI-2528

This discussion has been closed.