I have 1P set to lock on sleep. I closed my powerbook, which put it to sleep, but it didn't lock!

Options
bgrant
bgrant
Community Member

What did lock was 1P! I had to enter my master PW to check to see if I did in fact have it set to lock on sleep.

I just tried again--closed my mac, and it opened fine and 1P NOT the mac was locked. This is important. I will be traveling and opening and closing my mac often.

Thanks!

Barry

Comments

• bgrant
    bgrant
    Community Member
    Options

Here's more! Selecting sleep under the apple. AND setting autolock after 1 min does the same thing! This means I cannot secure my mac by putting it to sleep, but must power down! Please help!

1P mini but not the main program was running under all these conditions. I just tried again with the main program running: After a minute, it locked down, but it didn't lock me out! I could just pick up typing this message as if 1P wasn't installed. Something is wrong.

Thanks!

Barry

• bgrant
    bgrant
    Community Member
    Options

I just shut the computer down and restarted. Same thing; 1P only locks itself! This is serious. 1P worked yesterday when I first installed it. I downloaded from your site.
    Barry

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @bgrant,

Sorry to hear of your frustration! But if I understand you correctly, 1Password is behaving as it should. I think what you're really looking to do is change your OSX security settings.

I'm not sure what version of OSX you're using, but if it's 10.10 Yosemite (and this may be very similar in Mavericks, etc), try this:

Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences... > Security & Privacy, and under the General tab, you can check a box that says "Require password (timeframe) after sleep or screen saver begins." Checking that box, and setting the timeframe to "immediately" will set it to require a password to access anything on your computer after it sleeps. And you can set/change the password from that tab as well.

1Password can't manage system passwords because that's something you have to unlock before you can even unlock 1Password.

Please let us know if that helps!

• bgrant
    bgrant
    Community Member
    Options

Vee,

Aha! I thought there was something fishy about my problem! Turns out it was the smell of no problem at all! I thought 1P locked down the entire computer. Thanks for setting me straight!

Barry

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bgrant, I'm glad to hear @Vee helped clarify 1Password's behaviour :smile:

This discussion has been closed.