TOTP problems with google services

Options
kclines3
kclines3
Community Member
  • I’m using 1Password version 5.2.1
  • On an iPhone 5
  • Syncing with other devices: iPad mini, iMac, MacBook air.

My one time password doesn't work correctly with my google account. It always says the passwords are time sensitive and I need to renter it. I KNOW I am entering them within the time limit and I have even put in an old one after the time just to see if there is a delay in the system but it's not working no matter what I do. I have set up the one time password 4 different times in an attempt to fix this issue but to no avail. Can anyone please help? Thanks, Kyle

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kclines3 (Kyle),

The first thing worth checking is to see if the clocks on your iOS devices and Macs are all aligned and correct. That could be potentially one cause. If that doesn't turn out to be the reason it might (or might not) be useful to know how you set up 2FA. Did you enter the code manually or did you use our barcode scanning feature?

Hopefully we can get to the root of the issue :smile:

• kclines3
    kclines3
    Community Member
    Options

Times are both the same. I scanned the barcode each time to set it up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kclines3: I actually just set this up on a new Google account yesterday, and I think you may be running into the same issue I did.

Try starting from scratch with the TOTP setup, both in 1Password and Google. Get a brand new QR code. For some reason the first one I got simply didn't work. I banged away at it for a while. Eugh. But when I just set it up with a brand new QR code it worked flawlessly. Not sure if it was the code itself, the camera on my iPhone, or something that happened when 1Password processed the image; but that did the trick. Let me know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.