Getting back to the "I’ve used 1Password before" choice

Options
Tom1957
Tom1957
Community Member

I'm stuck and am hoping someone can suggest a way out. I am running 1P 5.1 for the Mac, downloaded from the App Store. I also have it on other Macs and iOS devices. I sync through Dropbox.

I am trying to do a new 1P setup on a Mac on which I've just done a fresh OS install. Unfortunately, my 1P seems to "remember" my previous setup and is not giving me the "I've used 1Password before" start-up option, so it does not pick-up the 1P file in Dropbox. When I try to sync with the Dropbox file manually (i.e., through the "Sync Primary vault with Dropbox" choice in the Sync tab in Preferences), it does not work. I select the 1P file in the proper Dropbox folder, but when I click the Continue button nothing happens.

Does anyone know how I could get back that original "Sync Primary vault with Dropbox" choice? I would think that would do it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Tom1957
    Tom1957
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed it. For those of you who may have a similar problem later, the trick was removing all those ".plist"-type files, along with a general deinstall of 1P. After that, that a reinstall of 1P starts from scratch, i.e., it gives you all those original choices. The easiest way to get all those ancillary files is have Hazel clean them up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

@Tom1957: Sorry! You were too quick for me, but I'm glad to hear you were able to 'start over' successfully.

Just in case it helps someone else though, I'll mention that in some cases using 'cleanup' apps can actually result in things being removed that you didn't necessarily want to lose -- such as your 1Password data; so proceed with caution!

And another resource is our uninstall guide, which gives detailed information about what's what and where everything is located. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.