WiFi Sync not working after update: error code 7027 [fixed in version 5.4.2 on 2015-05-26]

Options
carlosperez
carlosperez
Community Member
edited July 2015 in iOS

I can no longer sync using WiFi between my iPhone running iOS 8 and 1Password version 5.3 (503025) and my MacBook Pro running Yosemite and 1Password version 5.1 (510027).

I get an error Attempted to sync with a different vault than originally configured. I've never changed my default vault, nor do I even have more than one vault. All I see is Primary Vault.

Ugh. I just noticed I'm still getting OS X beta updates (ugh!!) so I'm actually running a pre-release Yosemite 10.10.3 (14D113c) which perhaps is the culprit?

Comments

• carlosperez
    carlosperez
    Community Member
    Options

Ok - it's not Yosemita pre-release related. Also happens trying to sync with my Mac mini which is running 10.10.2

• carlosperez
    carlosperez
    Community Member
    Options

Tried turning of WiFi sync ... restarted both devices, and still seeing the same error.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There are two others things you can try:

1. just check your Mac computer name and your iOS device name to ensure that either OS has not wandered off and added something like "(2)" to either name (which will stop wifi sync in its tracks);
    2. reboot your router.

You might also just check this knowledge base article about configuring a proxy or firewall. If all else fails try creating an ad hoc wireless network just to see if that works.

Stephen

• Hagni
    Hagni
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that. After updating the iOS app, i can no longer sync using WIFI.
    com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain-Fehler 7027
    UserInfo=0x1552cf10 {NSLocalizedRecovrySuggestion=Attempt to sync with a different vault than originally configured.}

• garrettc
    garrettc
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed here. Same error when trying to sync over wifi.

com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain Code=7027 "The operation couldn't be completed

1Password 5.3 on iOS 8.2
    1Password 5.0.2 on Yosemite 10.10.2

Neither the phone nor the laptop names have changed.

I still had the same error after rebooting my router and creating an ad-hoc network.

• davidharari
    davidharari
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the exact same issue after having updated this weekend to the latest IOS version. I verified that my Mac has the same name and rebooted my router. Nothing helped. Wi fi Sync is broken.
    The message says: "Attempted to sync with a different vault than originally confirmed."

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, had problems with wifi sync when I updated my iPhone to 1P for iOS 5.3 (although, strangely, no problem with the update on my iPad). I do not use multiple vaults so don't guarantee this suggestion will help all of you, but I strongly recommend you reboot your Mac and your iOS device(s) if you've not already done so.

@Hagni @garrettc and @davidharari have you tried that? (I know two of you referred to rebooting your routers but it would be helpful to know that you've tried as well what I've suggested.)

Stephen

• garrettc
    garrettc
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I forgot to mention that both devices had been rebooted. Also, I forgot to add that I have only ever used a single vault.

• Hagni
    Hagni
    Community Member
    Options

I have rebooted my MacMini (Yosemite 10.10.2), my iPad (iOS 8.2) and the FritzBox. Anyway, the error remains.
    1Password 5.1 (510035) on the MacMini and 5.3 on the iPad.

• thwn
    thwn
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that error, on two different Macs, in two different WiFi networks, where it used to work flawlessly before. OSX 10.2.2, 1Password 5 (v5.1 510035), iOS 8.2 and 1Password 5.3 (503025) on the iPhone.

• Datacentre
    Datacentre
    Community Member
    Options
    • I’m using 1Password version #: 5.1
    • On a (Mac/PC/iOS/Android): iPhone version 5.3 and or most current.
    • Syncing with other devices (list them):

Wifi syncing has worked fine, until today after updating my iPhone app.
    Wifi sync still works on older iPad app version.

When can I expect a fix? Thanks.

• davidharari
    davidharari
    Community Member
    Options

I also confirm that reboot of both devices did not resolve the issue. I am still getting the syncing error. I have also used only a single vault at all times.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

@Datacentre: I'm sorry you're having trouble with Wi-Fi Sync after the update!

I tested this myself using 1Password for Mac 5.1 and 1Password for iOS 5.3, and Wi-Fi Sync completed without error. Please restart your iPhone and see if it works afterward. Often I see issues like this after an update (of apps of all types) that a quick restart fixes.

If you are still having trouble, please let me know exactly what steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening for you. Also, I hope you don't mind, but I'm moving this thread over to the iOS section of the forums. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• davidharari
    davidharari
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having the same problem as posted in another thread in this forum. I have the most recent versions of 1Password for Mac and IOS. The issue started after the last IOS update. I rebooted both devices and rebooted my router. I still get the message that sync is not working because it is a different vault than originally configured. I only use one vault.

• danlfly1
    danlfly1
    Community Member
    Options

Current IOS 8.2 (on iPad2 and iPhone6) and Yosemite on mac (10.10.2) with v. 5.1 of yours.

iPhone wi-fi syncs fine. iPad hasn't successfully synced in 9 weeks. It says "sync started" and sits there forever without updating.

I downloaded the firefox extension and when I tried to activate it, I got a dialog box stating- there is no application set to open the document "1Password-4.3.1-2.xpi". It referred me to the app store where I struck out.

Help please. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I've filed this in our bug tracker for further testing and investigation. We'll post back here if there is further information required to track this down.

Thanks!

ref: CSI-53

• danlfly1
    danlfly1
    Community Member
    Options

One problem solved...can now sync. I deleted the entire app and re-downloaded to the iPad. Now it will sync. FYI.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @danlfly1. That may be a solution for folks who don't have new data entered on iOS (i.e. data that isn't on the Mac yet) but probably isn't going to be a good solution for someone who does.

If the need to sync is urgent, you can of course back up your data:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/itunes-backups

And then reinstall the iOS app as @danlfly1 mentioned.

• Magic70
    Magic70
    Community Member
    Options

Same issues here since the 5.3 update.
    I followed your instructions with backup and deleting the app on iOS. Installed again, moved the backups folder via iTunes into the right location again and started the app on iOS. Prompting to create a new vault or sync from an existing one. Tried the Wlan Sync and this work again. Great. Than I restored my backup and tried to sync again. Now the same issue with Error Domain-Error 7027.

Now I have to do it all again without restoring, hope that I didn't change something in my old iOS vault. But I need to have the latest entries from my desktop 1password.

Hope you can fix this bug soon.

Cheers.

• davidharari
    davidharari
    Community Member
    Options

Uninstalling and reinstalling the IOS app solved my issue.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update!

• jesse4216
    jesse4216
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem as well

com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain-Fehler 7027
    UserInfo=0x1552cf10 {NSLocalizedRecovrySuggestion=Attempt to sync with a different vault than originally configured.}

• jesse4216
    jesse4216
    Community Member
    Options

i too deleted app on phone and set up again, now it works.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update! I'm hopeful that we can come up with a better solution than that, but glad to hear it works for now.

• carlosperez
    carlosperez
    Community Member
    Options

Any progress on this? I'm going back and forth with support and am still being told its probably a network issue. I've tried resetting routers, restarting devices, creating adhoc networks and nothing has worked. I am trying to put off removing the app and adding back in (especially if restoring from a backup seems to reintroduce the problem as Magic70 indicates above). I ran into this problem right after I moved all my 1 time passwords from Google Authenticator to 1Password. Now it seems like I have to move everything back. Super frustrating!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @carlosperez,

Unfortunately I don't have any better information than our email support team.

• beijau
    beijau
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I fixed this problem on my iPhone (iOS 8.2) by deleting and re-installing v.5.3(503025) per @danlfly1 's post.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@beijau: Ah, thanks for the update! I've seen issues like this as a result of delta app updates, so I'm glad reinstalling it got it working for you. Cheers! :)

• makz
    makz
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same error after upgrading to new iPhone and restoring from backup, iPhone 6 to iPhone6 Plus. Had to delete 1Password app and reinstall. It works now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@makz: Thank you for also sharing your experience! I have seen this in many cases unfortunately. And while it's a bit of a hassle, I'm glad that installing a fresh copy from the App Store is able to get (so far) everyone back up and running. :)

This discussion has been closed.