WiFi Sync not working after update: error code 7027 [fixed in version 5.4.2 on 2015-05-26]

Options

Comments

• sarette
    sarette
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening to me right now, and I'm not interested in deleting and reinstalling apps to get your sync to work. This issue is going to get fixed, right? Soon? I noticed this thread has been active for more than 30 days now. Seems like a pretty critical problem to be letting sit for more than a month.

• alembic
    alembic
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the same issue. I don't recall which update screwed things however.

• nb3
    nb3
    Community Member
    Options

Wifi sync stopped working after I upgrade both my iPhone (5s running iOS 8.2), and iPad (Air2, running iOS 8.2) to the latest version of 1Password v5.3 dated March 29, 2015. The error I get when I hit sync is "Sync Problem- The operation couldn't be completed. (com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain error 7014.)
    If I click on the "more Info" button I get the following: "Sync Problem- Error- Domain=com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain Code=7014 'The operation couldn't be completed. (com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain error 7014.)' UserInfo 0x170273580 {NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Please disable and enable Wi-Fi sync on your computer and then try again.}"

I did that without and it didn't help.
    I then rebooted each device (iPhone, iPad), and tried to Wi-Fi sync- didn't work
    I then created a new secret, added it to each device and that didn't work
    I then rebooted my wi-fi access point/router and that didn't work

I don't want to uninstall / reinstall since I do have active files on each device that I want to sync to my desktop 1Password client (which is v4.4.2 (442010) running on OS X v10.9.5.

Help please.

• esitver
    esitver
    Community Member
    Options

What?! I need to delete the app from my phone and reinstall? Won't I lose data on my phone that has not been synched with my Mac? How can I correct this error without loosing the unsynched data from my phone please?

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Unfortunately we don't have a fix yet for instances where there is new data on both devices:

That may be a solution for folks who don't have new data entered on iOS (i.e. data that isn't on the Mac yet) but probably isn't going to be a good solution for someone who does.

We're working hard to find a solution for folks in that situation.

Thanks.

Ben

• Juicy
    Juicy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys,

can't sync my devices anymore. get following error message on my ipad and my iphone: http://i.imgur.com/7BffW02.jpg

best regards

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Juicy,

Are you attempting to sync via WiFi?

• Juicy
    Juicy
    Community Member
    Options

sorry, yes id try to.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Juicy. I've merged your thread with another on the same subject. Please see above. We are looking into why this error is occurring for some folks, but unfortunately we don't have a solid solution yet. The latest information I have at this point can be found here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/193675/#Comment_193675

Unfortunately this is not likely a solution for you if you have newly entered / updated data in multiple spots.

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member
    Options

I've also come up with this same error. I updated a password on my iMac, and now can't sync with either my iPhone or iPad. You manage to correct obscure bugs with almost daily updates, but this problem has been hanging around for far too long. Having to delete and re-install is ridiculous.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jhk,

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We're trying to track down what is causing this bug so that we can fix it. It is not a universal problem (e.x. Not everyone who syncs via WiFi experiences the problem).

Thanks.

Ben

• davestern
    davestern
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the same issue, not sure which update caused it. When I try to wifi sync from my iPhone to Mac/yosemite, I get

Sync Problem
    The operation couldn't be completed.
    (com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain error 7027)

More info says Attempted to sync with a different vault than originally configured, which isn't true.
    I have added a vault and updated the app since my last sync, but I am syncing a vault I synced previously

When I try to sync via dropbox to the vault I previously synced, I get:

Vault Mismatch

The vaults are 99.3% similar, but I still don't want to introduce duplicates.
    I also don't want to delete and reinstall as this seems excessive and risky if I can lose data.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here :(

• fk
    fk
    Community Member
    Options

Same here: after upgrading to 1Pw 5.3 (Pro) on MacBook 2014 (Yosemite), and iPad 3 (iOs 8.2), I got Code=7027 (attempted to sync with a different vault than originally configured). For the sync, I run a WiFi server on the MacBook (which previously always worked).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davestern, @dennisreimann, @fk: Sorry you're running into this issue! We are investigating this, but unfortunately at this time it appears to be an issue with the delta update process. I've had to deal with this personally more than I'd like, so I feel your pain.

In the mean time, you can do the following to get back up-and-running:
    1. Make a fresh backup of your 1Password data.
    2. Delete the 1Password app
    3. Reinstall 1Password from the App Store (this will be the full app, not just a delta update)
    4. If you're sure you have all of your 1Password data on your computer, use Wi-Fi Sync to get it back on iOS. This will also make sure that sync is working.
    5. If you have incomplete data on your computer (changes were made on iOS) or you're not sure, restore from the backup you saved in step 1.
    6. Verify that you have the correct secret saved on iOS, and that Wi-Fi Sync is working.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions.

If the problem persists, the best thing to do would be to generate a diagnostic report in 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics (under Log Settings enable Sync and Wi-Fi Sync) > Send Diagnostics (you’ll have to scroll to the bottom) so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Please also include a link to this forum thread in the email as well as your forum username so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thanks for you quick answer. Reinstalling the app did help - fortunately having added or changed data on tve iPhone wasn't the case for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dennisreimann: Thanks for the update! I appreciate your patience, and I'm glad it worked for you. So far this seems to be the case in most instances. Cheers! :)

• RRM
    RRM
    Community Member
    Options

I also have this problem (and I decided to write here just in case you might include me in this statement "Not everyone who syncs via WiFi experiences the problem" and decide this is a low priority bug).
    I bought 1Password for my iPhone 5s (iOS 8.2) and MacBook Pro (OS X 10.10.2) before the last update, and synced it a few times via Wi-Fi without problems. Now, right after the iOS update, I get the error 7027 and have not being able to sync them via Wi-Fi since then. I don't know if I have new passwords in my iPhone (that was the beauty of syncing: I didn't have to know what was where) so I hesitate to delete the iPhone app, but at the same time I cannot be more time without all the passwords in my iPhone... Can you offer us a time estimate for this bug to be fixed? Weeks, months?
    If you need more information to fix this problem, please ask.
    And thank you for your time. ;)

• Hi @RRM,

Until the cause of the bug is determined, any estimate would only be a guess. What I can say, that I hope will alleviate your concern, is that bugs involving the storage and sync of your data are considered to be very high priority, and I can promise you this issue is not being "put on a shelf" and is currently being investigated.

Another thing you can try is to reset the Wi-Fi network on your iPhone. Go to the Settings app, tap Wi-Fi, then tap the ⓘ beside the network name, and tap Forget This Network. You will then need to re-sign in to your Wi-Fi network. Then try to setup Wi-Fi sync again.

• Captain_Metal
    Captain_Metal
    Community Member
    Options

Dear agilebits Support Team,

I have been using 1password on my iMac, my iPhone and my iPad for almost a year now. As my Sync method, I use WiFi Sync, which has been working flawlessly all the time.
    Since a couple of days I have been encountering strange problems tough. I have been completely unable to sync to my iPad, while the sync with my iPhone still works without problems. At first my Computer wouldn't show up in the iPad's Sync-devices list. Now it does, but each time I attemt a sync, I get an Error Message (com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain-Fehler 7027).

Of course, I already attempted to reboot all involved devices. No succes.

This is pretty annoying. Do you know a solution to this problem? Thanks for your support!

• My iMac (27 inch, late 2013 model) runs OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 and 1password 5.3. (530032)
    • My iPhone runs iOs 8.3 (12F70) and 1password 5.3
    • My iPad runs iOs 8.3 (12F69) and 1 password 5.3
  • Ben
    Options

Hi @Captain_Metal,

I've merged your post with another thread on the same subject. We are aware of the issue, but have yet to determine the cause. Please see above.

Thanks!

• nb3
    nb3
    Community Member
    Options

to hayesk- agilebits Team Member. I posted my issue on April 6, and your solution of resetting the WiFi network on my devices WORKED (both for my iPhone 5s and iPad Air2) to my iMac! Since I had unsync'd data on all of devices, I didn't want to go the route of deleting and reinstalling. Wanted to let you know in case that helps with your final fix.

• RRM
    RRM
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, resetting my Wi-Fi network was not the solution to my problem (I still get the 7027 error). I will have to wait until you fix the problem.

Is there any other fast way to locally sync my vault (and by "locally" I mean anything not cloud related)? Thank you in advance.

• ag_kevin
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi @nb3,

Glad to hear it is working. @Captain_Metal have you tried my suggesting of forgetting the network listed above? Also @RRM, can you try to turn Wi-Fi off on your phone, and resetting it again, and then turn it back on and sync. Another suggestion is to go into Settings on your device and then go to General > Reset and choose Reset Network Settings

• Captain_Metal
    Captain_Metal
    Community Member
    Options

hi @haysek,

As you suggested, I went into my iPad's network settings and had it forget my WiFi. After that I signed in again and tried to sync. Sadly, I keep on getting the same error message…

Thanks for the tip though!

• denovo
    denovo
    Community Member
    Options

I'm suffering the 7027 error on an iPad since updating to IOS 8.3. I too tried restarting both my Macbook and iPad and then forgetting and reentering wifi passwords on the Macbook, then doing same on iPad. No joy; I also reset via the Reset Network Settings on the iPad with the same results (the 7027 error). My iPhone 5s is still syncing normally, but it hasn't been updated to IOS 8.3 (still on 8.2). Fortunately all the info is in the Macbook's Vault (there's only one). I'll submit a diagnostic report as requested above before reinstalling 1Password 5.3 on the iPad (a first-gen. Air). Maybe I'll update the iPhone to 8.3 just to see if it develops the same issue first!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

If anyone here is having Wi-Fi Sync issues between iOS and Windows, please send me a private message. We have a number of Wi-Fi sync improvements in the latest 1Password for Windows beta, and I've been testing this a lot myself, so be sure to reach out. So far, I haven't seen anyone even mention Windows though, so that may be significant.

@RRM: bwoodruff mentioned that 'not everyone is having trouble with Wi-Fi Sync' because, when it comes to bug tracking, it is much easier to find out what broke it if it's broken for everyone. If everyone were having the same problem we'd have sample data of our own from probably a dozen or more staff members banging on their iPhones until we had the information we needed to get this fixed. I'm sorry if you got the impression that this is low priority for us.

@Captain_Metal, @denovo: Sorry you guys are still having trouble with this! :(

The good news is that some folks have been able to get it working with basic Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps, so if you haven't tried all of these yet you may have some luck:

1. Reset device Wi-Fi (both devices)
    2. Restart OS (both devices)
    3. Soft-reset router (if possible)
    4. Hard-reset router
    5. Reset sync settings (both devices)
    6. Forget the Wi-Fi network and reconnect
    7. Disable software firewall (OS or 3rd party)*
    8. Disable security software
    9. If security or firewall software turns out to be the issue, turning it back on and setting an exception for the traffic may work, provided that is an option.

*In a number of cases, disabling and re-enabling the firewall has resolved a software issue where traffic was being blocked in error.

Unfortunately, these haven't helped for many folks in this instance, since the majority of cases seem to be related to the delta update package. In this case the best solution is to:

1. Make a backup of your 1Password data
    2. Delete and then reinstall 1Password
    3. If possible, sync your data from another devices rather than restoring the backup
    4. If necessary, restore from the backup
    5. Attempt Wi-Fi Sync

In greater than 95% of cases I've encountered this has worked (and, unfortunately, been necessary) to resolve the issue. Be sure to let us know your results, and -- most importantly -- if the problem persists even after reinstalling, the best thing to do would be to generate a diagnostic report in 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics (under Log Settings enable Sync and Wi-Fi Sync) > Send Diagnostics (you’ll have to scroll to the bottom) so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Please also include a link to this forum thread in the email as well as your forum username so we can 'connect the dots'. Thanks so much for your patience while we work to find a way to get this working for you and avoid this issue for everyone in the future!

• Captain_Metal
    Captain_Metal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty,

Thanks for your suggestions and Effort! I tried everyting you suggested regarding te WiFi (resetting the router and so forth), I still got the same result. Then, I resorted to deleting the app on my iPad and reinstalling it from the appstore. After that, I had no problems syncing the contents of my primary Vault from my Mac. After a few hours, things still are working fine, let's hope it stays this way!

A strange thing, I noticed though: After I did the fresh Install, I noticed, that the sync menu of my iPad app looks slightly different, even though I already was running 5.3., according to the app itself. Whereas the 'old Version' would always prompt me to select a sync method (cloud, dropbox, wifi) before each sync, the new one has an option that says 'Sync service > Wlan' and a 'sync now' button below. Strange. By the way, the app on my iPhone still looks much like the old one on my iPad, but syncs without problems. Maybe that helps you to save the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@Captain_Metal: YESSS!!! :+1:

I'm sorry you (and others) have had to go to such lengths to get back up-and-syncing, but I am glad to hear that all is well again.

A strange thing, I noticed though: After I did the fresh Install, I noticed, that the sync menu of my iPad app looks slightly different, even though I already was running 5.3., according to the app itself. Whereas the 'old Version' would always prompt me to select a sync method (cloud, dropbox, wifi) before each sync, the new one has an option that says 'Sync service > Wlan' and a 'sync now' button below.

I would love it if you could post screenshots of these! I'm not certain I am picturing it correctly in my head, but what you described sounds a little off to me. This might indeed be a clue, and if you're able to post the screenshots in this thread, others might say, "Hey! That looks familiar!"

Where it can get a little confusing is that Wi-Fi Sync can be used in conjunction with Dropbox Sync for instance. This way, if you are 'off the grid' or something (which would prevent syncing to the 'cloud', or just on cellular), you can use a local (or ad-hoc) network to Wi-Fi Sync instead. This is where the Settings > Sync > Sync Service menu comes into play. Maybe this applies to your situation. Let me know what you think! :)

• denovo
    denovo
    Community Member
    Options

After deleting and reinstalling 1Password 5.3 on my iPad Air (v.1) all is syncing normally again. I had tried many but not all of the recommendations in brenty's post above. Didn't reset the router... In any case, reinstalling in my case was pretty painless.

This discussion has been closed.