WiFi Sync not working after update: error code 7027 [fixed in version 5.4.2 on 2015-05-26]

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@denovo: Glad to hear it (especially the painless part)! In the case of Wi-Fi Sync, we have our data in more than one place at least, so that is a big help. Thanks for letting us know that you were able to get back up-and-syncing again. Cheers! :)

• Captain_Metal
    Captain_Metal
    Community Member

^^ Hi @brenty, the first two images are from my iPhone (how it looked on my iPad before the reinstall.
    1) main menu
    2) prompt with sync method
    3) 'start sync screen'

The second set is from my iPad, how the sync menu looks after the clean install from the Appstore.
    1) sync prompt
    2) main menu

They both say version 5.3 Appstore at the bottom. Hope this helps. Sorry I'cant be any more specific. I am an architect, not an IT-Guy ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@Captain_Metal: No apology necessary! That was perfect! I'll admit that the WLAN reference in your earlier post threw me off too. I guess 'Wi-Fi' means even less in German(?) than it does in English. ;)

Okay so this actually looks 'normal' to me, which is good news -- even if I was kind of hoping this might provide some more insight into the Wi-Fi Sync issue. The sync menus actually end up getting nested like this as you set it up (especially if you have multiple vaults, which can sync separately in some cases) depending on which method you use. For instance, iCloud Sync only works with the primary vault, so you can use Wi-Fi or Dropbox for any secondaries (and on an individual basis, I might add).

I just wanted to make sure there we didn't miss anything significant. Thanks again for taking the time to send those! :)

• RRM
    RRM
    Community Member

It does seem that Captain_Metal was right.
    I finally decided to risk loosing a few passwords (I could wait no longer for a fix to a problem that clearly is not Wi-Fi related, sorry), so I deleted the app and reinstalled it.
    As Captain_Metal said, this is how my sync page looked like before reinstalling 1Password:

And this is how it looks after reinstalling it:

It seems clear that there was a problem with the delta update of 1Password (in both occasions the app said that its version was 5.3 and there was no update of 1Password waiting for me in the AppStore). Maybe the problem would be fixed if you release a non-delta update (if that is even possible)?
    If you need more information I can no longer help you, sorry. Because, as others have said, after reinstalling the app my Wi-Fi problems are gone.
    Thank you for your time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@RRM: Aha! Yes, I see the difference there. Thanks so much for sharing your experience and screenshots! You have been more than helpful. I'm just glad it is at least working for you now!

Unfortunately the delta update package isn't something the app developer (AgileBits, in the case of 1Password) produces; it is created by the App Store itself (this is an automated process). So the only 'fix' we can provide, even with a new version, is the full app itself, which we compile and upload to the App Store through iTunes Connect (which is why we recommend reinstalling in these situations, to get the actual package we compiled). But when you 'update' to a new version instead of installing it from scratch, you get the delta -- the difference between the two -- to make the update both smaller to download and faster to install.

In other words, AgileBits provides the full 1Password app, which can be installed form the App Store; but the delta update (which is meant to give you just the difference between the version you have installed and the new release) is something generated on the fly by Apple's systems.

I'm sharing this with the rest of the team to see what else we can find. Thanks again for your patience and willingness to work with us on this! :)

• passworduser001
    passworduser001
    Community Member

I sync 1Password on my iPhone to 3 Macs via WIFI.
    The latest 1Password iOS update caused WIFI sync to stop working (giving the same error others are receiving) on all but one of my Macs.

I deleted the iOS app from my iPhone and reinstalled as suggested by this thread. Instead of restoring from a backup like others have, I chose to sync using existing vault (since one of my Macs already had the up to date vault.) This sync was stuck at starting sync on the iPhone and didn't progress. I have had this issue before and it is always solved by exiting 1Password, forcing it to quit by using iOS app switcher and swiping it out of the list. Then I launch 1Password again and start the sync and it works. So, now I am able to sync with between the iPhone and the one Mac as before the reinstallation.

However, now the wifi sync interface is now different on iOS and I am now longer able to sync with other Macs and so reinstallation of the app effectively didn't solve my problem.

Has multiple Mac syncing through WIFI been removed?

• thwn
    thwn
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

@passworduser001: I also had to reinstall the app to solve the Wi-Fi sync problem. While Wi-Fi syncing after the reinstall did work at home, it didn't function at work and I got a "Computer not found" error. It's only now that I discovered the "Change Wi-Fi" option, ("Settings > Sync > (Primary Vault) Sync Service > Wi-Fi > ...") which allows you to pair 1Password for iOs with another Wi-Fi network. As it seems, the possibility to sync against different Macs in different Wi-Fi networks has been removed. I consider the "Change Wi-Fi" option more like a last resort, since you have to type the security token every time you switch Wi-Fi networks. With the old version syncing in two different Wi-Fi networks was much easier.

Regarding the original problem of the broken delta update: is it just coincidence that many of the affected users in this thread seem to use a localized version of 1P (myself included, german)?

• ag_kevin
    edited April 2015

Hello @jcsvault ,

You can not sync a secondary vault over Wi-Fi without syncing the primary vault first. That is why it can not be unchecked. But you should be able to sync both. But just to be clear, when it says it can not sync what exactly does the error message say?

• Hi @thwn,

The localized version uses the same code, only the text displayed is different. It may just be more likely that users in North America prefer a different sync method for whatever reason. We can certainly check though to make sure there's nothing peculiar in the localized versions.

• pumpkin
    pumpkin
    Community Member

I have the exact same problem. So I decided to delete and then reinstall 1P on my iPad mini. Starting, trying to sync with my iMac ... still not getting it to work, only getting errors.

1st attempt: Sync Problem. The operation could not be completed. Connection refused (after I entered the newly configured secret).
    Error Domain = "NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=61 "The operation couldn't be completed. Connection refused."

2nd attempt: I tap sync, sync started ... no progress though, so I cancelled it after 2 minutes.

3rd attempt: Sync Problem. The operation could not be completed. Connection refused. Error Domain = "NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=65 "The operation couldn't be completed. No route to host"

4th attempt: I get asked to enter my Master Password on my iMac, which I do (correctly!). I get asked again. I enter it again (correctly) and tap unlock. Repeated this 15 times or so, until I had to tap cancel before I go insane. You guessed it: Sync Problem. The operation couldn't be completed. (com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain error 7013).

This happened after the latest update to 1P (not sure if it was the iOS or Mac update though).

Other error codes or messages I got was Code=64 or "Host is down".

I had 1P on the Mac running with the Wifi Sync window showing the secret I entered on the iPad as well, all the time.

Any help appreciated.

• Okay, thanks. I believe that error may be related to a bug that we're trying to track down. I've added a link to this discussion to our bug tracker.

ref: CSI-53

• Hi @Pumpkin,

Please try using an ad hoc WiFi network to sync:

https://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Tutorials/adhoc-network.html

Thanks!

Ben

• Fallout
    Fallout
    Community Member

Mac App Store: 5.3 (for all my machines)
    iOS: 5.3 and 5.4

Receiving the same error 7027 as other posters above when attempting to wifi sync. Tried deleting the iOS app and then downloading it again. It worked for my home computer, but not for any of my work machines. Attempted to create an ad hoc Wifi network to sync, but it timed out.
    Any ideas?

• Any ideas?

We are still trying to track down the cause of the 7027 error, but you shouldn't be getting a 'timed out' error. Could you please post the full error message for that?

Thanks.

• chucksense
    chucksense
    Community Member

Hi. Just wanted to add that I too have run into this issue. I too removed the app and reinstalled and sure enough that fixed it... and I too had the different before/after experiences.

Before:

After:

Cheers,
    -chucksense

• janm
    janm
    Community Member

I had this problem too. Worked fine on my iPhone syncing to three Macs, failed with the 7027 problem on my iPad (against all three Mac on two networks).

I created a backup on my iPad and synced that using iTunes, then deleted and reinstalled the app. While I was doing that my iPad synced with iTunes and deleted the backup I had synced to iTunes because 1Password had been deleted from the iPad. As far as I can see those updates are now lost.

Moral: Isolate your iDevice or turn off automatic sync in iTunes while deleting and reinstalling 1Password if you go down the backup/reinstall path.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@chucksense: Thank you for confirming that! This definitely seems to be the commonality so far.

@janm: Oh dear. It sounds like you forgot the last step: save the 1Password backup (#6: Save to...) to the computer for safekeeping. Otherwise the backup file is still 'stranded' in the 1Password app on your iOS device. I'm sorry that you lost some changes, but I'm glad it wasn't your whole vault! :ohnoes:

I'm sorry for the trouble, but I'm glad to hear that Wi-Fi Sync is again working for you! :)

• Lexel
    Lexel
    Community Member

I can't sync 1password anymore,
    I tried to reboot both (macbook and i6), but I always get the same error message.
    I also tried to export the backup from the phone to import it in the mac but when a press import the app crash.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lexel,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us today (with screenshot! :) ), and we're sorry for the trouble. This is a new error with 1Password for iOS 5.3 that we are currently looking into, and I've added a link to this discussion in our issue tracker. While we don't yet know what's causing this error, we have identified a workaround.

If all of your items are present in 1Password for Mac, you can uninstall 1Password on your phone, then reinstall it and go through the existing user setup to sync your data. WiFi sync should work as you'd expect after the uninstall/reinstall. If it still doesn't, please let us know and we'll go from there. Thanks!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Hi @Lexel,

I've merged your discussions into this existing thread since we're all talking about the same issue. This will allow us to better track the issue and get you all answers when we find a solution.

Thanks. :)

• Lexel
    Lexel
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

Hello @Vee, thanks for the answer.

the uninstall / reinstall works,
    i made it a little different : unistall 1P on MAC, reinstall on mac an recover from iphone backup (because it was the most recent), then i follow your advices (iphone uninstall,...) and now wifi sync works again.
    Thanks Vee

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lexel: On behalf of Vee, you are most welcome. Thanks for letting us know you're back up-and-syncing! I'm glad that worked for you as well. :+1:

• nickoz
    nickoz
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

I am running a Mac using Yosemite 10.10.3 and iPhone and iPad on IOS 8.3.

Today I tried to sync from the Mac to the iPhone and iPad and both failed. I sync via wifi and it has always worked. Today, I keep getting the error message "the operation couldn't be completed (com.agilebits.onepassword.errordomain error 7027)".

I am running 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) on the Mac and the latest iOS version 5.4 on both the iPhone and iPad.

Can you please help me get back to the ability to sync?

• nickoz
    nickoz
    Community Member

I also sync my wife's phone and iPad and (although running the same versions of iOS and 1Password on her iPhone and iPad) only her iPhone will sync.

• nickoz
    nickoz
    Community Member

Seem to have fixed it. Deleted and reinstalled iOS Apps and they now work. Not sure why my wife's iPhone did not have a problem but, now, all fixed. We both really love 1Password! Was recommended by my IT brother and one of the best apps we have.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nickoz,

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your messages to this thread for the same issue you reported. I'm sorry you had trouble with that, but very happy that you were able to solve it! As you can see from some of the other messages here, you figured out the solution, which is to delete & reinstall the iOS app.

I apologize for the inconvenience! Our developers are looking into this issue, but now that it's working again for you, it should continue to be fine. If you run into more problems or need anything else, please let us know! :)

• Hagni
    Hagni
    Community Member

Reinstalling the iOS app didn't help me. Still getting the same error. I sent a diagnostic report.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Hagni,

You mean that you deleted the iOS apps and re-installed them but still get the error? We are still looking into this issue so people do not have to do this.

• baggers
    baggers
    Community Member

Hey all, I am running version 5.4 on an iPad mini (iOS 8.2). I am trying to sync with a PC running Win 8.1 and version 4.3.1.56. The two see each other and have shared the secret. However, when I start the sync and enter the password on the PC side, I get an error on the iOS version of "Sync problem The operation cannot be completed. (com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain.error 7027.). The PC side does not produce any errors.

Any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.