WiFi Sync not working after update: error code 7027 [fixed in version 5.4.2 on 2015-05-26]

Options

Comments

• Hagni
    Hagni
    Community Member
    Options

You mean that you deleted the iOS apps and re-installed them but still get the error?

Correct.

We are still looking into this issue so people do not have to do this.

Well, i thought this is the official workaround. I decided to walk that way because my vaults drift apart.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hagni,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I believe yours is the first instance we've heard of an error 7027 persisting even after uninstall/reinstall. We would ask you for a Diagnostics Report but you're ahead of the game on that one! Thanks for sending that. You should have received an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the Report and start looking into the issue.

Also, if you can identify any particular steps you took or changes that took place in 1Password or on your iOS device right before you first saw the error, that would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

• Hagni
    Hagni
    Community Member
    Options

You are welcome. The id is [#KEV-88669-132].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hagni: I see that Vee was able to respond via email, so we can continue the conversation there. Thanks again for your patience. We will get this sorted out for you! :)

ref: KEV-88669-132

• Croc
    Croc
    Community Member
    Options

I have this "Error Code 7027" problem since days, too!

I have a multi os environment using 1Password (one vault) on iOS, OS X, Windows and Android.
    I only sync using WiFi (WLAN), no Dropbox sync, no iCloud sync (as I bought the Windows/OSX bundle which doesn't support iCloud sync :( )
    My sync solution: OS X <=WiFi=> iOS <=WiFi=> Windows =>File=> Android (doing no changes here)

iPad Air, iOS 8.3 (12F69), 1Password v5.4 (504006), reinstalled today now on v5.4.1
    MacBook Air 13" (Mid. 2013), OS X 10.10.2, 1Password v5.4 => v5.4.Beta-5 (540005) => v.5.4-Beta-7 (540007)
    Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit), 1Password 4.3.1.560 => 4.3.2.Beta-563 => 4.3.2.Beta-564
    Android 5.0.2, 1Password v4.2.1

German language setting is used on all systems.

Synchronization:
    iOS + Windows: okay
    iOS + OS X: not okay

Problem:
    My vaults on iOS and OS X have a large difference and I have to sync (merge) them. But I get the "Error Code 7027".

I did all steps Brenty listed here (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/196086/#Comment_1960869)
    and here (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/195517/#Comment_195517),
    but with no success, I still get this error 7027 when I try to sync my vaults (iOS and OS X).

I reinstall 1P (v5.4 and v5.4.1) on iOS several times (also on OS X). When I start with an empty (fresh) vault on iOS, then I can sync the content from OS X to iOS, so WiFi works here.
    But when I restore my backup vault on iOS with iTunes and then try to sync with OS X, I get the error code 7027.

There are no firewall running on OS X.

I can sync using my restored backup vault on iOS with Windows, so WiFi works here too.

The only problem is to sync the restored backup vault on iOS with OS X, but just this backup of the vault on iOS contains a lot of passwords that I need on iOS.

Any ideas?

• Hi @baggers,

Do you have any 1Password data on your iPad that is not on your PC? If not, then I suggest, deleting the app on your iPad, reinstalling, and setting up sync again.

If you do have 1Password data on your iPad that is not on your PC, please let us know.

• baggers
    baggers
    Community Member
    Options

Hayesk, unfortunately, all of my 1Password data is on my iPad, as I am reinstalling after a HD failure. So, the reinstall option isn't really good for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My sync solution: OS X <=WiFi=> iOS <=WiFi=> Windows =>File=> Android (doing no changes here)

@Croc: This is not recommended, as Wi-Fi Sync was designed to work between a single computer and one or more iOS devices. When you 'pair' your iOS device with a computer it keeps track of the sync state between the two devices to maintain continuity and prevent conflicts and -- ultimately -- data loss; when you 'pair' the iOS device with a new computer, the sync state is destroyed, to start over with a clean slate to keep track of changes. The last thing we want is for you to lose changes you make on your devices when syncing.

But when I restore my backup vault on iOS with iTunes and then try to sync with OS X, I get the error code 7027.

This seems to be the common element, which is why we recommend not restoring from backup if the problem persists. Follow the instructions below in my response to baggers to restore the iOS backup on your Mac instead, and then sync the data back to your iOS device (since Wi-Fi Sync works after reinstalling until you restore from a backup in 1Password for iOS):

@baggers: 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Mac actually use exactly the same backup format, so you may be able restore your 1Password data there instead, which would allow you to reinstall 1Password for iOS.

Just follow these instructions to create a backup on your iOS device and then save it to your Mac. Then in 1Password for Mac go to File > Restore, Find Backup to select the file you saved from your iOS device and add it to your backups list, and select it from the list and click Restore. Finally, try Wi-Fi Sync again to transfer your data back to the iOS device.

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Croc
    Croc
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

@brenty: I am a little bit confused because I always thought that it is one of the main features of 1Password to use and sync a vault with different devices, see https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/sync-options.

Which sync method do you suggest to use in a multi os/device enviroment?
    Since the NSA revelations by Edward Snowden I don't want to store my passwords online using Dropbox or iCloud (which I can't use anyway as I bought the 1P Mac/Windows bundle which doesn't support iCloud). I want to work "offline", storing and syncing my data using my local network.
    Are there any plans to support ownCloud in the future?

• Ben
    Options

Which sync method do you suggest to use in a multi os/device enviroment?

Dropbox is currently the only sync service that officially supports multiple vaults and works across all of the platforms we support.

Since the NSA revelations by Edward Snowden

https://support.1password.com/how-safe-is-cloud-sync/

Are there any plans to support ownCloud in the future?

No definite plans, but we're always looking into alternative sync options.

• passworduser001
    passworduser001
    Community Member
    Options

Just tried the backup and reinstall "solution" for a friend and it doesn't fix the 7027 error. Still can't sync.

Steps.
    on iPhone backed up keychain
    Downloaded back up to Mac through iTunes
    on iPhone deleted 1Password app
    Reinstalled iPhone app
    Created new vault on iPhone
    Used iTunes to copy backup to 1Password iPhone app
    On 1Password iPhone choose the restore option (backup restored fine)
    Setup WIFI sync with MacBookPro
    Entered secret key
    Tapped start wifi sync
    WIFI sync failed with 7027 error

Please solve!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @passworduser001,

I do apologize for the trouble here.

We're very hopeful that this issue will be resolved with the release of 1Password for iOS 5.4.2. This version is currently in beta testing, and we've seen many fewer reports of WiFi sync issues during the beta. Barring any unforeseen circumstances (it still has to go through the Apple approval process) it should be available soon, so please keep an eye out for the update. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Just tried the backup and reinstall "solution" for a friend and it doesn't fix the 7027 error. Still can't sync. [...] On 1Password iPhone choose the restore option (backup restored fine)

@passworduser001: The problem is the restore. While we do have a fix for this coming (as bwoodruff mentioned), it actually just makes it so 1Password doesn't try to restore your sync state when you restore from a backup, only your vault data. As I suggested above, you can currently resolve this by not restoring after you reinstall the app:

This seems to be the common element, which is why we recommend not restoring from backup

KB: Wi-Fi Sync error 7027: Attempted to sync with a different vault than originally configured (iOS)

I hope this helps! :)

• PiBi
    PiBi
    Community Member
    Options

I've same problem. Some time ago I synced my iDevices with Win8 and Mac without any problems. But now the sync with Mac doesn't works any more. So I do not really like to reinstall 1password on every iDevice, with the possibility of loosing the last working syncing (with my PC). And I don't like lose some Passwords too because the Mac has missing passwords.
    Is there no possibility to flush 1password on my Mac and sync it with my iPhone with iPhone as master?.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Is there no possibility to flush 1password on my Mac and sync it with my iPhone with iPhone as master?.

@PiBi: Unfortunately not in this case.

While the sync server (the Mac) will always be the master, it can certainly accept all the data from an iOS device.

But in your case, the sync state on your iOS device has become corrupt, which is why you're getting the 7027 error. (Generally this is due to syncing with more than one computer/server.)

It isn't necessary to reinstall 1Password on multiple devices, only the iOS device that's giving you the error. But I understand that this is problematic if you have data there that isn't on your Mac.

However, what you can do instead is save a backup of your iOS 1Password data and restore it on your Mac, which will allow you to reinstall 1Password for iOS (since the Mac will then have all of the data). Backup files from the iOS version can simply be added to the list in the Mac version to be used as a restore point:

On the other hand, if you do not need the data immediately we're just waiting on the iOS update to be approved (although I don't expect that will be this weekend, due to the holiday). I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

I just wanted to update the thread to announce that 1Password for iOS version 5.4.2 is now (finally!) available from the App Store.

If anyone is still having trouble, be sure to update and let us know how it turns out! :)

• passworduser001
    passworduser001
    Community Member
    Options

Just applied the update on the iOS 1Password.
    Still receiving the same error as my May 20 post. I followed the same steps again but still the same error.

Not restoring the backed up data on iOS is not an option as there are changes made on the iPhone but not on the Mac and vice versa.

• ErikKeller
    ErikKeller
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm, updated to the latest version, error 7027 (other Vault than configured) still shows up.

BTW: There is no "Disable Sync" in the app (iPhone & iPad)

Just in case you need to know.

Erik

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! If that's the case, you'll need to follow these steps to backup and reinstall.

Unfortunately there isn't a 'silver bullet' to have 1Password repair a corrupt sync state, but reinstalling will give you a clean slate and let you get back up-and-syncing! And the update should ensure that the new backup you create will not restore the corrupt sync state afterward. :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

BTW: There is no "Disable Sync" in the app (iPhone & iPad)

You mean you don't see that if you go to 1P Settings > Sync > Sync Service Wi-Fi (at the bottom of the screen in red Disable Sync)?

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stephen_C: Precisely. Someone posted a screenshot earlier I believe. This is indicative of the corrupt sync state, which is the root of the problem: it's all out of wack, and that's one of the visible signs. :dizzy:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options
  • Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty sorry for overlooking that in this rather large thread!

Stephen

• utro
    utro
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all,
    I have 1Pwd 5.4.2 now installed on my iPad and proceeded as follows:
    1. installed 1Pwd 5.4.2
    2. created a backup
    3. saved backup on my mac
    4. deleted 1Pwd on iPad
    5. switched iPad Off and On again
    6. installed 1Pwd 5.4.2 fro iOS store
    7. synced with my mac over WLAN - Success :-)
    8. restored the backup on iTunes
    9. restarted 1Pwd
    10. the issue is back :-((

@brenty: you mentioned that "the update should ensure that the new backup you create will not restore the corrupt sync state afterward". but this is not true for me, or did I get something wrong?

seems there is no way to get my iPad local changes back. This is realy bad.

Forgot to mention: I'm syncing my primary vault by WLAN and a secondary vault by dropbox.

• utro
    utro
    Community Member
    Options

Even deleting the secondary vault and starting over at step 2 doesn't change anything.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@utro: Thanks for following up. I'm sorry that you're still having trouble!

Since you're able to Wi-Fi Sync your data from the Mac, it may be best if you do that process again but refrain from restoring the iOS backup while we investigate this further. Just to clarify, the problem is definitely still in the restore, as you're able to sync before restoring after the reinstall.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but the development team is aware that this issue hasn't been resolved in all cases and we'll continue to work on this to prevent it from affecting you and others in the future. Thanks for your patience!

ref: OPI-2654

• onepassword_user
    onepassword_user
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

@brenty

This is not recommended, as Wi-Fi Sync was designed to work between a single computer and one or more iOS devices. When you 'pair' your iOS device with a computer it keeps track of the sync state between the two devices to maintain continuity and prevent conflicts and -- ultimately -- data loss; when you 'pair' the iOS device with a new computer, the sync state is destroyed, to start over with a clean slate to keep track of changes.

Is that accurate that one shouldn't Wi-Fi sync between two Mac OS X computers and three IOS devices for example?

• Ben
    Options

That is correct. When changing the computer that you are WiFi syncing with the sync state is lost, which can cause conflicts, duplicates, etc.

One Mac with multiple iOS devices is okay. One iOS device or multiple iOS devices with multiple Macs is not recommended. It isn't impossible, but may cause a data integrity issue.

• onepassword_user
    onepassword_user
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff That is very unfortunate. Is there any method to sync multiple Macs and iOS devices that does not involve a cloud service?

• Ben
    Options

@onepassword_user That would actually work best using two separate sync methods: WiFi sync to sync the iOS devices with one of the computers, and Folder Sync to sync the Macs:

WiFi Sync: https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/wi-fi-server-preferences.html

Folder Sync: https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-folder.html

As is mentioned in the Folder Sync guide, but I feel is important to stress:

Please note that we cannot provide support for these or any third-party sync solutions. They are merely provided as examples of sync solutions other 1Password users have reported as working.

We would really recommend Dropbox or iCloud for that combination of devices, but the above mentioned may work for you.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.