[move-vault] why can't I find my <Vault Name>.agilekeychain anywhere on my computer

1Password 3.8.22

On Macbook Air 2012

Want to Sync devices but can't find file to sync in dropbox. when I try 1Password preferences get a message saying to download dropbox even when drop box is syncing other files and also when it stops syncing

Have searched for agile bits key chain in Library/Applications support no 1 password files. And the same when I search with spotlight

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Novice123 ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. Now, the General Preferences pane in 1Password should show you where the 1Password.agilekeychain file is stored. What file path do you see there? If it's easier, you could take a screenshot of the Preferences pane - just please make sure that no sensitive information is also displayed on the screen (this is a public forum). To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• Novice123
    Novice123
    Community Member

Hi I've found my 1Password.agilekeychain it was in the right place but in my user Library rather than the computer library, which is always confusing on Macs when you have not done this for a long time. (Sorry for the delay but my power supply died on the Macbook Air and I was waiting to borrow one.)

1 In preferences when I select 'Move to drop box' I get the message 'Dropbox process is not running: please make sure Dropbox is installed and running' but it is!

2 My operating system on my Macbook Air is 10.9.5. However, my 1Password is 3.8.22 but when I go to Check for Updates I get the message 'You are running the latest version of 1password'

3 I have done two things to get 1Password onto my 2 mac minis. 3.1 On my one running OSX 10.6.8 I copied one password and a backup copy of the key chain. Now this is up and running but is not in anyway synched to my Macbook Air. 3.2 On the slightly more up to date Mac mini I am now running OSX 10.9 I have downloaded 1Password 4.4.3 but can't get past the setup phase because I can't get a vault file.

4 Now what I want to do is get these three computers synced together using dropbox. How do I do this?

Kind regards

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Novice123: Sorry for the confusion. A few things to keep in mind:

1. You may need to restart the computer and/or reinstall Dropbox if it isn't functioning correctly.
    2. Version 3.8.22 is the newest release of 1Password 3 for Mac (and supports Snow Leopard and Lion), so you won't be offered updates to version 4. 1Password 4 is a separate purchase, but you can check your license key here for upgrade pricing. And just to be clear, while 1Password 5 is Yosemite-only, it also entitles you to use 1Password 4 on Mountain Lion or Mavericks Macs you use, as a single license entitles you to use 1Password on any of your Macs. I say all of this because I see that you have a 1Password 3 license from us, but you can disregard if you purchased 1Password 4 from the Mac App Store. You can download and install it on each of your Macs (10.8+).
    3. You can sync your 1Password data between 1Password 3, 4, and 5 using Dropbox, so we just need to make sure you have Dropbox running on each computer, and then (once all your Dropbox data is sync'd) you can double-click the 1Password.agilekeychain in your Dropbox folder to open it in 1Password on each computer.
    4. Here we go! --

If you run into trouble with one of these steps (or with a particular computer), let me know where you're stuck and we can go from there. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

This discussion has been closed.