Accessing v4 sharing vault from v5

Options
TSG
TSG
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Mac

We have 10 users (was all version 4 at the time) , and created a sharing vault via DB. It's been working very well.

We finally updated few Macs to Yosemite (so did 1 pass 4 to 5) today (initialized the drive and reinstalled everything).

When we opened the v5 at the first time, we chose a v4 primary vault (copied from older Mac) and worked fine (everything is imported).

Now we double click the v4 sharing vault in DB, it doesn't do anything.

Please advise!

Thank you.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TSG,

To make sure I understand, you're saying 1Password 5 is working correctly with the Primary vault, but you're having trouble adding a secondary/shared vault that is in Dropbox? If so, can you confirm that you're opening the local Dropbox folder on the Mac and double-clicking the .agilekeychain file for the shared vault? That should cause 1Password to prompt you to create a new vault.

If nothing happens when double-clicking the .agilekeychain file in Dropbox, is that problem happening on just one Mac, or each Mac that you've upgraded to Yosemite and 1Password 5?

If it doesn't work to double-click a .agilekeychain file, a workaround would be to create a new, empty vault in 1Password (choose the same master password used by the shared vault). Then set up Dropbox sync for that new vault, and choose the shared vault stored in Dropbox.

Let us know how it goes, thanks!

• TSG
    TSG
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Drew, I unshared the user, and resend invitation via DB. It's running fine now. Thank you again!
    I just want to confirm again that we can share the vault with both V4 and V5, correct?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TSG,

That's great, thanks for letting us know it's working now!

Yes, you can definitely share a vault between versions 4 and 5. (Actually, the act of sharing the .agilekeychain file is done entirely by Dropbox. As far as 1Password is concerned, syncing with a shared .agilekeychain file in Dropbox is no different from syncing with any other .agilekeychain file in Dropbox.)

If you have more questions about that or anything else, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.