Recently generated password

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: password mini: Password Generator History.

Comments

• n0trab
    n0trab
    Community Member
    Options

Please help. I'm using version 4.4.3 on OSX 10.9.5. I see no way to view a list of recently generated passwords either in 1Password mini or the main app. (I generated one today with mini.) I've just generated one and the clipboard cleared before I could save a new log on. I'm locked out of a vital site. If I don't get an answer before I have to shut down today I fear I'll lose that password permanently.

To be clear, there's no history item in the mini app, and no history item in the View menu of the main app (or any other menu I can find.)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you looked in the Passwords category? That's where you should find generated passwords which may not be specifically linked to a saved login item. Alternatively, if you look at the relevant login item in the main app you may see the field show previously used passwords and can click on that to show any previous password.

Stephen

• n0trab
    n0trab
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Stephen_C! It was in the Passwords category. I didn't notice it because it simply said Firefox. There really ought to be a view-recently-generated menu, to be intuitive.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @n0trab,

I'm glad Stephen's suggestion was helpful for you! Sorry for any confusion about where to find generated passwords. In case it helps, we have more information about that in this knowledgebase article.

If you have more questions, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.