License questions

Options
DownForce
DownForce
Community Member

I currently have a 1Password 4 license for Windows. I just recently purchased a Mac. I would like to have 1Password for my Mac as well. My questions have different layers:

1) Is my Windows license good for my Mac as well?
If not
2) I see that Agilebits has a Windows/Mac bundle price. Is there an upgrade option that I can take advantage of?
3) I require iCloud syncing. As I understand, in order to have that, I would have to purchase 1Password from the MAS. If there is an upgrade option for me, how do I go about navigating through the license confusion when purchasing from the MAS and not get charged full price for a Mac license?

Thanks very much in advance.

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @DownForce,

Thanks for your interest in using 1Password across platforms! I'll be happy to answer your questions.

1) No, our software is licensed per person and per platform with family sharing, so your Windows license is good for you and up to 5 other family members on any number of Windows machines, but 1Password for Mac requires a separate purchase.

2/3) You're correct, iCloud Sync is currently only available from the MAS version of 1Password. Apple manages all purchases made through the Mac App Store, and the licensing is managed differently, so unfortunately, we have no access to give upgrade discounts there.

However, iCloud Sync doesn't work with Windows, so I'd say your best bet to sync across your Mac and PC (and any other platforms you may use) will actually be Dropbox, which is fully supported in the version of 1Password for Mac that we sell in our webstore.

With those things in mind, please email support+webstoreicloud@agilebits.com with a link to this forum post, your forum username, and please attach the receipt from your purchase of the 1Password 4 for Windows license, and our email team will see if there are any discount options available for you. :) Thanks!

• DownForce
    DownForce
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem at all, @DownForce!

Also, I forgot to mention, when you send the email, you will receive an automatic response with a ticket number. Please post that number in this thread, which will help us connect the two and speed the response. Thanks!

• DownForce
    DownForce
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Vee my reference number is #KGF-33617-974

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that. I gotcha covered, @DownForce!

You can post here or reply by email if you need anything else. You know, options. :) Take care!

This discussion has been closed.