Trouble with att.com Login

Options

I’m using 1Password on a Windows computer and having trouble logging in to the att.com website. I’ve just upgraded to 1Password 4 from 1Password 1 and created a new vault. Please help.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
Browser: Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17691, Update Versions 11.0.17
Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.2.361 (a)
1Password Version 4.3.0.556

I have found Internet Explorer Extensions under Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab > Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions. But I have not found anything that says it’s a browser extension or an IE extension.

In Kaspersky, I have disabled Secure Keyboard Input.

In 1Password, Verify Web Browser Code Signature is checked. Auto-Submit Logins is checked.

I logged in to the att.com site with my User ID and Password. 1Password asked me whether I wanted to save it, and I did. I then logged out of the site and closed my browser. I opened the 1Password app and saw that my login had been saved. (So manually saving the login probably would not solve this problem.)

I exited the 1Password app and opened IE. I used Ctrl-\ to access the saved login and selected it. As expected, a new browser tab was opened to the att.com site. If I had not instructed att.com to Save my User ID, neither my User ID nor my Password was entered. If I had instructed att.com to Save my User ID, my User ID was entered, but my Password was not. If I changed to a different IE tab (took a long time to change) and then changed back to the att.com tab, my User ID and Password were entered, but the form was not submitted. If I click the Log In button, I’m logged in.

When I select the saved login from 1Password, I would like for the (att) site to open, my User ID and Password to be entered, and the form submitted. Please help.

• Jeff

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @JeffG,

IE does not support browser extensions like the other browsers, the 1Password add-on will work differently in it but we do our best to make sure it is consistent.

It sounds like the auto-save went through okay, so that usually means the 1Password add-on is working in IE, and this is a filing issue. Does this only happen on ATT.com, not other sites?

If I changed to a different IE tab (took a long time to change) and then changed back to the att.com tab, my User ID and Password were entered,

I think I know why, please try this, and see if it works better:

1. Open IE, click on the 1Password icon in your toolbar
    2. Go to the Settings > Open Login In and select Current Tab
    3. Close and reopen IE, does 1Password work better on att.com now?
  • JeffG
    JeffG
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT -

First, the described problem occurred in other websites as well.

But changing to open in current tab resolved all of the problems described above. I simply need to open a new tab in IE before accessing the 1Password login (an extra step). So, at least in my setup, opening in a new tab doesn't work very well. I hope that AgileBits can fix this in a future release.

I'm really just getting started; I have dozens of logins and it will take some time to get through all of them. I'll try to report/resolve any problems along the way. Thanks again.

• Jeff
  • MikeT
    Options

Hi @JeffG,

This is a limitation of IE, IE does not allow us to reuse the add-on effectively with different tabs. When you ask 1Password to create a new tab, the entire process from the initializing of the add-on, reconnecting to the 1Password Helper, then grabbing the data for the tab has to happen for each new tab you open with 1Password. I'm guessing that's why it took so long to fill, we were still trying to re-establish everything.

That's also why it is so fast with the current tab option, we're reusing the same connection and bypasses all the extra work. It's also why you don't see this problem in other browsers, they allow the extension to reuse many of the workflow. It also sped up a bit for when you create a new tab manually with IE rather than opening with 1Password.

The slightly good news is that we're hearing Microsoft plans to improve this in their new browser that they're shipping in Windows 10.

This discussion has been closed.