After 5.3 Upgrade, App Locks after 10 seconds

Options
southernforge
southernforge
Community Member
edited April 2015 in iOS

Hello,
After upgrading, I now find that even though Touch ID is enabled, the app locks after 8-10 seconds of being unlocked, and the Master Password is required to unlock the app - not Touch ID. What is going on here???
Using an iPhone 5s with iOS 8.2

Update: I deleted the app, reinstalled it from the App Store, and now the app doesn't lock every 8-10 seconds, but ... when it does lock after 1 minute, the Master Password is required even though Touch ID is selected in Security.

WHAT is going on with this app??? It used to be rock-solid steady and dependable - but that seems to be a thing of the past...

Comments

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Added the following to an existing post, but it's really a separate issue, so - a separate post...

When 1P locks after 1 minute (the value set), the Master Password is required to unlock the app, even though Touch ID is selected in the Security section of the app...

To workaround this, I have had to set the timeout to 10 minutes - not secure.

I have removed the app, reinstalled, restarted the phone, all to no avail...

WHAT is going on with this app??? It used to be rock-solid steady and dependable - but no longer... How does this get fixed?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @southernforge,

In 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security do you have Require Master Password set to anything other than "never"?

Please let us know.

Ben

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff , I checked Settings > Advanced > Security and Require Master Password is set to Never. Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @southernforge ,

I've merged your two posts together, just to keep this conversation all in one place.

Now, I've been testing here, and I'm unable to reproduce what you're seeing. Could you let me know exactly what your security settings are so I can re-create them here? If it's simpler, you can take a screenshot of the settings pane. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan ,
    Thanks for your assistance. I've attached the (hopefully) relevant screenshots.!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @southernforge,

Very strange. I'm not able to reproduce this on my device. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password for iOS? Before doing so please be sure to make a backup:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/itunes-backups

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.