Why am I getting prompted for updates daily and can I get more info on the update? [Yes]

Options
UnkerWill
UnkerWill
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Wondering is it possible to have some info and what's new on upgrades that were being asked to download almost daily for past few weeks whenever I turned on my PC. Sometimes it make me worried!!

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @UnkerWill,

When you get a prompt about a new update, on the far left, there is an option to press Show More Info. That will show you the general changes we made for the update. You can also see it on our updates server here.

We do have checks in the update process to make sure the builds are valid and signed by us. It won't extract if the build is bad.

If you don't want to see the notification every day, you can configure 1Password to check weekly or monthly instead of daily. To do this, open the main 1Password application, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Updates. In there, change the Automatically check for updates option to weekly or monthly.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

being asked to download almost daily for past few weeks whenever I turned on my PC

@UnkerWill You're probably on the BETA channel. We do release a new BETA version almost every day.

• MikeT
    edited April 2015
    Options

Stefan has a good point, that might be the cause behind the daily update prompts. Even if you switch the update check to weekly or monthly, beta versions will ignore that and check every day.

This discussion has been closed.