ADP login issues

Options

ADP recently entered modern web and no longer requires using basic-auth form, but uses HTML form.

I've created new record for the "new" ADP, but it fills only only one item at a time: first username, then password.

URL: https://totalsource.adp.com/ts/login.do

Thank you.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sashk: Ah, this is a classic. Sorry for the trouble. I feel your pain! What seems to be happening is that the form clears after it's filled the first time. Incidentally Chrome has a similar issue here when I've used it in the past on a corporate machine on which I couldn't install 1Password. Although mine was using https://workforcenow.adp.com/public/index.htm -- I'm not sure what the difference is. Marketing? ;)

I've reported this so the developers can take a look and see what can be done to improve this for you. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :)

ref: OPI-2577

• rich1383
    rich1383
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I have the same issue with this site (same TotalSource URL); 1P v5.3 on Yosemite v10.10.3. ADP recently fixed the lame network basic-auth login, but now it fills in my username, blanks the pwd, and then tries to login. I tried saving the login manually (since 1P did not seem to recognize the login page even after I deleted my old login entry), but that did not help. Only solution for now is to disable autologin for the site, then click the 1P entry twice, then click the login button.

BTW, why does 1P sometimes not realize you are on a login page and thus does not ask you to save the login?

If it helps your developers, the form code for the two fields is:

--Rich

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rich1383: Thanks! The development team is aware of the issue. Hopefully they will be able to find a way around the ADP site clearing the login form after it's filled the first time. In the mean time, you can at least have 1Password fill it again for you to login successfully.

In regard to your question about not being given the option to save the login, is this happening on a particular site? Please let us know so we can look into it further. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• briandesmond
    briandesmond
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, looking forward to a fix!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @briandesmond,

There is no progress to report at the moment :( but the ticket is still open and just awaiting developer time to get it looked into. Hopefully we won't keep you all waiting too long :smile: At least for the moment setting the Login item to Never submit if you're on a Mac or Windows machine should at least allow you to use the workaround of filling twice before clicking on the login button.

ref: OPX-963

• briandesmond
    briandesmond
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip - I've updated the login now. I didn't actually even know about this feature!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @briandesmond ,

I'm glad that tip helped! We'll do what we can to have this working for you all as soon as possible. :)

• rahiua7
    rahiua7
    Community Member
    Options

same issue here and huge thanks for the tip, a lifesaver!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.