Any way to delete a tag from all items?

Options
seasub
seasub
Community Member

Hi,

I'd like to delete a tag for all items without having to go into each individual item and remove it.

Is this possible in the IOS version?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Seasub,

It is, yes. Open the Organize view and select the tag in question. At the top right of the screen there will be an edit button. Click that, which will cause deletion symbols to appear next to each tagged item. Then you can simply click on all of the deletion symbols to remove the tag from each item, without having to go into each item individually.

Thanks!

• seasub
    seasub
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hmm....I touch the edit button and there are no deletion symbols next to the tag name? When I touch the area where I think the deletion symbol should be it simply selects the entire line/tag.

I know I'm in edit mode because a "done" label appears where the "edit" was previously and I can create a new folder if desired.

Running version 5.3 if that matters.

Any ideas?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2015
    Options

On 5.3 this is what I get when I follow the above instructions:

Tapping on any of the red circles to the left removes the item from the tag in question.

• seasub
    seasub
    Community Member
    Options

The red circles do not appear for me when in edit mode. The other difference is that my tags appear under a "Tags" menu bar. When I touch edit, a new "folders" section appears at the top that allows me to create a new folder if desired. Also, all of my tags have an icon that looks like a pricetag next to them instead of the google, twitter, etc. icons on your view as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@seasub: Precisely. On the Organize screen you'll only be able to create a new Folder by entering Edit mode. In order to view the items with a given tag, you must tap on the tag itself (with the icon on the left as you described). Then you will see the list of the individual items with that tag (as pictured above). Just tap Edit and then you can get rid of the tag for each item in the list. I hope this helps! :)

• seasub
    seasub
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks Brenty - that helps automate somewhat by displaying the entries in a single list but I was hoping to be able to remove them all at once without having to remove the tag for each individual item. In my case that is over 200 tagged items to delete (400+ button presses when counting the "remove" confirmation)! That will teach me to try to stay organized ;-).

It would be nice to be able to delete a tag at the organize level and have it automatically removed from each individual stored item associated with that tag automatically.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@seasub: Ah, I see what you mean! I can imagine that might be difficult to manage.

Currently deleting a tag itself is not possible in 1Password for iOS, but I will add your vote for this feature. However, if you are syncing your data with 1Password 5 for Mac, you can actually click the tag in the sidebar and press Delete to remove it there. Editing/deleting tags may be something we can support on iOS in a future version. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• seasub
    seasub
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@seasub: Any time! Be sure to let us know if you need anything else. We're here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.