Login issue with Citizens Bank

Comments

• lsudul
    lsudul
    Community Member

https://www3.citizensbankonline.com/efs/servlet/efs/login.jsp

I only use 1password on my iPad, absolutely the latest version since I update daily, iOS 8.2. The url above will always have my user name listed. The url below will never allow my password to be imputed.

https://www3.citizensbankonline.com/efs/servlet/efs/default.jsp

I hope this helps resolve the problem.

Lew

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lsudul,

So what makes Citizens Bank tricky is the multi-login aspect to their site. As Megan said in the other thread, it means we have no way of testing any second or even possibly third page because we can never get past the first page for the username. As a result these queries are always a little tougher.

That isn't to say there aren't a few things we can't try with your assistance though and if we can find a reliable solution or discover why we can't currently handle the site then we can adapt. That means that if you're willing you can be of great help to us.

On your iPad, I would like you to create a single Login item per page for Citizens Bank. As a guide this post from another thread may help while we're improving our documentation. The post in question has a few screenshots which will show you how you can now manually save a Login item from iOS Safari. This is very cool as it has been a powerful tool when handling some sites on Macs in the past and now iOS has it too. As you'll be saving a Login item per page you'll want to label them appropriately to make it easier to distinguish later.

Now, if you log out and visit Citizens Bank again, which Login items work and which don't? I'm hoping a manually saved Login item using our new filling logic will help with the password page. If it does we can see if we can reduce the number of Login items but let's see if it can fill the password first.

I look forward to hearing how you get along :smile:

• lsudul
    lsudul
    Community Member

Sorry, but I don't follow the directions being displayed on your link. I created a new user in 1password, but the same result followed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lsudul,

Why you say you don't follow the directions, can you help me understand how please. Now these were cobbled together in a small amount of time so it's very possible they are hard to follow or missing key points of information.

• lsudul
    lsudul
    Community Member

It deals with Facebook. I don't use Facebook. I created a new user and I got the same result.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm following you now @lsudul,

Facebook was just an example website, one I plucked from my head. What I would like you to take away from the example though is the steps involved in creating a new Login item manually within iOS. Regardless of the webpage on the screen, the sequence of options to select remains the same. What I didn't highlight but what I would like you to do is to follow those steps on each page of the multi-page login for Citizens Bank. Each time you follow the steps involved it will create a new Login item and the intended result is one Login item per page of their login process. Typically it's username on the first page, password on the second but it can differ.

What we're doing here is each time you manually save the extension is review the page and all the fields you've filled in. It records this in a way that manually creating a Login item can't. So we'll find out if the current filling logic is able to correctly record the right details.

Normally the hope is you come to us about a particular site and we can respond with a solution. Referring back to one of my previous replies though, because of the multi-page login approach often used by banks we simply cannot see the second page. So we'll work with you but it become a bit more of an iterative process. I hope you don't mind.

Let us know how you get along :smile:

• lsudul
    lsudul
    Community Member

Sorry, but every time I try to create a new user id, it takes me to a page that asks for personal info, a question that I have already set up in the past. I do not want to clear my computer of that info in order to help you. This is the best I can do.

https://www3.citizensbankonline.com/efs/servlet/efs/login.jsp?asstFlow=&enterUserIdMode=true&BrandSettingsFile=citSettings.jsp&NextID=3

https://www4.citizensbankonline.com/efs/servlet/efs/default.jsp

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lsudul,

I'm a little confused, when you say you're trying to create a new user ID, do you mean for your bank?

I'm trying to guide you to creating new Login items inside 1Password only. The idea is one new Login item per page of the Citizens Bank login process but using your existing account details. For this to work you need to use your existing user ID.

It could be there is a confusion of terminology here?

• lsudul
    lsudul
    Community Member

I have done that 5 times already. It does not work within 1password. Sorry.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Hi @lsudul,

Let's start with just the User ID page.

I visit http://www.citizensbank.com and I click on the LOGIN button. I'm taken to https://www4.citizensbankonline.com/efs/servlet/efs/login.jsp (or one starting with www3.) and I manually type in my User ID. In my case, as I'm not a customer I've entered dummy data for the purpose of explaining this and it looks like this:

I then follow the steps in this post and it creates a new Login item that looks like this:

Now that screenshot is actually from my Mac as it was easier to show everything that way. If I then reload the Login page so the field is empty I can then use that Login item to fill in my username. I'm not creating a new user ID, I'm simply using 1Password to create a Login item that will fill in what I tell it my username is.

Can you replicate these steps and create a Login item that fills in your user ID? I realise the issue is with the password but I can't help and feel that we need to ensure we're both using the right language and understanding each other as I'm a little confused at the moment.

It might be there is some sort of additional security checking that you're referring to but I am unsure at the moment.

• lsudul
    lsudul
    Community Member

Yes, that is the process that I have completed at least 5 times. When I then try and use the new login in 1password, I then go to the password page where the password is never imputed and even when I hit the 1password key at the top if the page, the password box remains empty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lsudul: I'm sorry you're having trouble here! As it so happens, 1 I used to have a Citizens Bank account before I moved and 2 I am a notorious digital packrat and still had the login in the Trash!

Just getting the website to load was difficult, but I tested this both with my existing login and a new one I created in the process. In both cases 1Password isn't able to fill the password on iOS -- even though it fills just fine on the Mac.

I am filing a ticket for this so that we can look at it more closely to see if we can get this working for you. In the mean time, you can tap on the 'key' 1Password icon and then the ( i ) to the right to copy your password to paste into the login form.

I'm sorry that we had some trouble getting to this point with you, but I hope you'll understand that -- without a valid login -- it wasn't even possible to access the password form, so I'm glad I happened to still have mine! I'll be sharing my own (cleaned) login item with the rest of the team, and hopefully that will prove useful. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! :)

ref: OPI-2595

• lsudul
    lsudul
    Community Member

Yes, that worked. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lsudul: Excellent! You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that worked for you, and I appreciate you getting back to me. Next time my wife tries to get me to take out the Trash I will have a good excuse. ;)

This discussion has been closed.