Feature Request: BitTorrent Sync

2»

Comments

• shrop
    shrop
    Community Member

@noelmcg Android apps shouldn't be an issue and I neglected to say that I also would like this for Android. I don't see sandboxing being an issue since bittorrent sync has an API. In theory 1password for ios and android could integrate with BTsync similarly as they do with dropbox.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you very much for the feedback, @tecto and @shrop! I'll be happy to add your comments/votes to our internal tracker to let our developers know.

@tecto, I'm glad you found & read the "When a Leak Isn’t a Leak" post on our blog. As the title implies, the Agile Keychain sync format doesn't leak metadata. A leak involves data made available to the public by accident, an attack that has breached security, or an unintended gap in security measures. None of those things apply to the Agile Keychain format. If you're concerned about that, please make sure you also read through this post: Your passwords are safe when using the Agile Keychain format

If you're using Dropbox or Folder sync and would like to switch to the OPVault sync format instead of the Agile Keychain format, you're more than welcome to do so, and can follow the steps here: Switching to OPVault from Agile Keychain

Of course, I'm getting a bit off-topic here, as this discussion is really about requesting BitTorrent Sync support in 1Password (especially in the iOS version). That's absolutely a valid request, and as I said, I'll be adding your comments and feedback about that to our internal tracker. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

ref: OPI-999

• shrop
    shrop
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Thanks for the tip on converting vault formats. I definitely need to do that, as it looks like I am using Agile Keychain right now. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Drew, you are quite welcome. :)

Have a great rest of your week!

• gizmo74
    gizmo74
    Community Member

+1,000,000 for BitTorrent Sync support :)

BTSync has recently just released 2.3, and I am absolutely loving the level of control and "ownership" of my own cloud. I would much prefer syncing between my own devices vice keeping the keychain on 3rd party servers.

I know right now I could accomplish the BTSync with folder sync, but as others have mentioned, I dread the manual WiFi sync. I have been using 1Password daily for over 7 years, and own a copy on every platform available :)...and yes, I will buy the Linux version if it ever comes out :blush:. I just can't "go back" to WiFi sync :pirate:

Cheers!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gizmo74,

Thanks so much for the feedback, I'll be sure to add your thoughts to the request in our internal tracker. :)

• aplnub
    aplnub
    Community Member

+1 for Bit Torrent Sync. With the US Judicial system trying to back door iOS, it seems prudent to me to start making a change. My company has dropped Dropbox for Business in favor of BTS. I plan on doing the same with as much of my personal Dropbox as I can.

• makahuhu
    makahuhu
    Community Member

Also, totally agree with @tecto. Another +1 from me for BitTorrent Sync. I'm gradually migrating my storage to BitTorrent Sync and SpiderOak for the added level of security and speed.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aplnub and @makahuhu,

Thanks for letting us know! I'll be happy to add your feedback to our internal tracker.

I wanted to reiterate that 1Password is secure by design and your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so with regard to security there's no difference between syncing 1Password data with Dropbox or any other service. 1Password simply doesn't depend on the security of any sync service to protect your data.

We're here for you if you need anything else!

ref: OPI-999

• mike12345
    mike12345
    Community Member

+1. Use Android and OS x. Thought folder sync would do it, but came to find something seems to be missing.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mike12345,

Thanks for adding your vote here, I'll be happy to pass it along. If Folder Sync isn't working for you right now, have you given Wi-Fi sync a try?

• CraftGeek
    CraftGeek
    Community Member

Agile Deities, Gurus and Demigods,

Please add my vote to full integration of BitTorrent Sync across all versions of 1Password.

Thanks!
    Sean

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Sean ( @CraftGeek ),

Your vote has been added! Have a wonderful day. :)

• Ken Brucker
    Ken Brucker
    Community Member

I would also like to see BTSync support in 1P! After reading about "Project Infinite" from Dropbox, I plan to move away from using Dropbox. I don't want them mucking about in my OS kernel.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback! We don't currently have plans for BitTorrent Sync since we're focused on 1Password Families (and Teams), but it's certainly a feature we can consider adding in the future. :)

• blastmaster
    blastmaster
    Community Member

The FBI and NSA appreciate it.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blastmaster

I'm not completely sure what you mean by that, but if you have any questions bout how 1Password protects your data (from everyone!) just let me know and I'll be glad to get into some details about it :chuffed:

• Garbanzo
    Garbanzo
    Community Member

Hey all,
    I still feel like this is relevant to many (even if they don't understand it yet :-)

Still hoping you'll get around to adding Resilio (formerly BTSync) support for cloud-less peer2peer syncing of the 1password database with iOS devices

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We don't currently have plans to support additional 3rd party sync methods, but it's something we can consider in the future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.