Printing from the Windows Version [Not supported, nor recommended.]

Options
Gator5000e
Gator5000e
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Is there a way to print your entries from the Windows program that I am missing? From scanning the forums, it appears there is a printing option for Mac but none, but none for Windows. I am not sure why.

Also with Windows, it appears I can only export my logins but not anything else? Why is this? Or am I missing something.

Printing or at least being able to export all entries would be a very useful option. You could store it in a safety deposit box or give a copy to a trusted loved one in case something happens to you.

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@Gator5000e - we don't recommend printing your 1Password data due to security concerns. It is much safer to simply share your master password with a trusted person. I share mine with my son and close friend. You can export your login information to a csv file and then print that csv file. Remember though that the csv file is not encrypted so you will need to trash this after printing.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@Gator5000e What @LauraR says. As for exporting all your items (including your non-Login items), we have export to 1PIF for this -- which is essentially export to JSON. Please beware export to 1PIF is unencrypted. Yes you can delete the file after you're done with it, but this doesn't necessarily remove the bits from your drive. You might want to use a security tool such as Eraser. Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Gator5000e,

In addition to what Stefan (and Laura) said, if you have a SSD, even a secure delete tool won't work well on SSD because of how they work on a physical level to extend the life of the drive. Basically, companies extend the lives of SSDs by avoiding writes when not needed and issue commands evenly on all NANDs instead of the same chip constantly. You can find out more here: https://ssd.eff.org/en/glossary/wear-leveling

I'd suggest when you're done with it, have it destroyed properly instead of reselling it. /cc @svondutch.

This discussion has been closed.