No login found with ctrl+\ but login is listed via toolbar button

Options

I am using Windows 7 64bit, 1Password 4.3.1.560 and Firefox 37.0.1

I have a saved login for the forum - http://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/default.asp

when I load the forum in Firefox and press ctrl+\ I get the standard 1Password context menu, but no login information is filled in. If I search for this login and select it then a new tab is opened and the login is entered correctly. I have just discovered, while trying to make sense of this, that if I open the 1Password menu in Firefox, via the toolbar button, the forum login is listed and works correctly.

I have tried deleting my login in 1Password for this forum and making a new entry, but this did not help, ctrl+\ still did nothing.

I am not seeing this problem with any other website. The fact this works when opening a new tab, and via the button says that 1Password understands the simple login fields, so why would ctrl+\ not work?

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, cat9232. Sorry for the trouble you're having. I'm going to move this thread to the 1Password for Windows forum since you said the filling actually works fine but it's just a matter of the login not being properly located with this particular ctrl+\ workflow.

It's interesting that you said that 1Password seems to locate it if you initiate the 1Password popup from the browser button but not when using the ctrl+\ shortcut. This is interesting because the message flow between the 1Password helper and the extension is slightly different in the two scenarios. When initiated from the helper (ctrl+\), a message has to be sent to the extension to determine the current URL and then the popup can be shown with the logins for that URL. When initiated from the extension, 1Password tells the helper to show the popup and includes the current URL, which eliminates that initial message to request the current URL.

I will ask one of our Windows folks to take a look at this for me since ⌘\ worked for me on my Mac after saving a new login with some dummy credentials. Thanks for your patience!

• cat9232
    cat9232
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting that this works correctly for you. I have been seeing this since I started using 1Password, several months ago, but I have just been copying and pasting the password manually. I have tried a few different things over time, to try and fix this, but never thought to press the 1Password toolbar button on the Firefox toolbar until now. So this problem is not specific to the current 1Password or Firefox versions.

Since this works for you, I have just used remote desktop to connect to a second computer of mine. It is also Windows 7 64bit, the same versions of 1Password and Firefox, the 1Password vault synced via dropbox. I am seeing the same behaviour on that machine as well, so this is not machine specific.

It would make some sense if this was tied to how the login is set up in 1Password, but that is why I tried deleting the current login information and saving a new login record.

In case it is relevant I have 3 logins stored for this forum. Only 2 of them are set to appear in the web browser. Each of these two has the following fields filled in, "URL, Username, Password, Notes". One login has 2 URL's, one of my attempts to fix this problem, the other login only has one URL. I recall turning On fuzzy URL matching, but cannot remember the exact name of the setting, and I am not seeing it in 1Password preferences.

The two URL's are:

http://forums.wholetomato.com
    http://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/default.asp

and the single URL login has the URL:

http://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/default.asp

The 1Password addon in Firefox is version 4.3.1

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cat9232,

It works for Jamie while he's on the Mac. However, I was able to confirm the issue on Windows, the extension is telling 1Password Helper that we have no Login fields to fill. This is a bug on our side, we will investigate this and fix it soon.

Thanks for sharing the URL with us.

• cat9232
    cat9232
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the update, it is good to know that you were able to reproduce this :) It always seemed odd it failed on a simple page, yet worked on more complex looking pages. It will be nice to see this fixed in due course.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cat9232: On behalf of MikeT you are welcome! The developers will take a look at it and see what we can do to improve this for you. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention! :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cat9232 Version 4.3.2.BETA-563 should fix this problem.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4#beta

Can you please download version 4.3.2.BETA-563 and confirm the fix? Thanks!

• cat9232
    cat9232
    Community Member
    Options

Fix confirmed in beta 563, ctrl+/ even works correctly in the popup windows that prompt for your user name and password when deleting posts :) Extremely helpful, thank you, I am glad I finally got around to digging into this and reporting it.

• LauraR
    Options

@cat9232 - on behalf of Stefan, you are very welcome. Thanks for confirming the fix.

This discussion has been closed.