Cannot login into a certain PHPBB3 instance

Options
MarcoZ
MarcoZ
Community Member

== Steps to reproduce

1. On a Mac, go to this German PHPBB forum.
  2. Click on "Registrieren", and fill out the form. If you know the Sims Free Play game, you should be able to easily answer the security question at the bottom. ;)
  3. Let 1Password generate the password for you.
  4. Save the login.
  5. Now, go to iOS. Open the forum in Safari for iOS.
  6. Tap on "Anmelden".
  7. When the page loads, tap on Share, then 1Password.

Expected: The just saved login should be presented..

Actual result: The login is not presented. Instead, only a "Create new Login" item and any credit cards one might have in one's vault are presented. In my case, I verified that the login definitely had been synchronized to the iPhone beforehand.

This can also be observed on iPad. The login simply does not show up.

BTW: The forum administrator is my wife, so anything you enter while testing stays in the family. :)

We can reproduce this at will with varying logins on various systems: Mac 1Password finds the right conditions for the login, 1Password for iOS does not.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MarcoZ,

I was not able to reproduce this issue. Here is what I did:

I manually saved a login item for this page from Chrome on my Mac:
    https://sfpforum.de/ucp.php?mode=login

Then I launched 1Password on my iOS device to cause a sync.

Then I launched Safari, navigated to https://sfpforum.de/ and activated the 1Password extension, which offered the login I saved above.

I suspect perhaps the launching of the main 1Password app on the iOS device is the step you're missing. The extension cannot sync your 1P data, only the main app can do that, so if you haven't launched 1P since making changes on another device you will be missing those updates.

I hope that helps. :)

Ben

• MarcoZ
    MarcoZ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben!

Thanks for getting back to me! I thought I had launched the main 1Password app on iOS before trying this, but no longer recall. I can now login using 1Password from Safari. I will make sure to check with my partner if she also had launched the 1Password app before and is on her current login count.

Thanks again!

Marco

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome Marco. If you have further difficulties please don't hesitate to write in! :)

This discussion has been closed.