Can't figure out safari extension

Options
DoeZ
DoeZ
Community Member
edited April 2015 in iOS

I'm really confused here and feel very stupid asking for help...but I'm totally stuck at this point. I've got a iPhone 5s and I'm trying to use my 1Password v5.3 with my Safari as a extension...I've got it all set up and enabled...and that's as far as it goes. When I click on my 1Password in safari it opens and I have to give my thumb print to unlock it but when it opens there's nothing there. Just a blank white page of nothing. Am I using it wrong? I'm very sorry for the stupid question but I just can't figure this out. Appreciate a little help please.

Thank You
DoeZ

Comments

• DoeZ
    DoeZ
    Community Member
    Options

Is this not the right place to post this question? If not please tell me where to post this...I'm just looking for some help please...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • DoeZ
    DoeZ
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thank you for finally helping me. I'm still having a bit of trouble tho. I can get all the way here...
    and where the red arrow points...I click that and it takes me to the websites page I made with its name and email/password...normally I would click on the sites name and it would take me there and sign me in but this does nothing...it just sits there. If I click the "Share Login" tab I get tabs popping up asking moreless how I want it...message mail...email...message plain text...and so on...So I still can't get into my sites. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options

Normally if you are already on the site's login page, you'd "share" to 1Password and 1Password's extension would fill in the the data. The 1Password share button would be in the last row, perhaps your button is at the right, whereby you'd have to scroll right to find it (it can be moved).

Have you added it to the share sheet already by clicking the More ... button at the right of that last row? It appears from the screenshot, you have. But you're saying when you tap the GMail (personal) name, your credentials are not filled into the existing gmail login page. Is that correct?

• DoeZ
    DoeZ
    Community Member
    Options

Well that was just the pix from the directions I was using to show you...I wasn't trying to get into my gmail but I was trying to get into my google acct. and it was still doing the same thing. And I was just in the 1Password app itself and had no problem getting into my google acct. from there. But once I click the share button in safari and then I have to touch it for it to unlock my google will come up and I click on where it says the website and nothing happens. So I'm stuck still...sorry :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoeZ: Sorry for the confusion! For security reasons, the 1Password extension will only offer you logins for the current website. This way a malicious site spoofing a legitimate one can't trick you into giving it your login credentials.

So for example if you are tricked into going to gmai1.com 1Password won't give it your Gmail login. Instead, go to gmail.com in Safari and then you can use the share [⇧] menu to access the 1Password extension and fill your Gmail login.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• DoeZ
    DoeZ
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry...but you mention that it "only offer you logins for the current website"...what website is that? I was able to use it with my Amazon acct. succesfully the other day...but today I can't seem to use it for my Walmart acct...and I'm just trying some of my random accts. here...I guess I need to figure out if I'm doing it correctly or not...or maybe I need to start from the beginning and try to sync all my accts again. Is there a way I can get all my saved pw's from another app over to this one? (The file I attached here is what I get when I try to log into my Walmart acct. I just wanted to show you in hopes that maybe you can tell me if I'm doing it right/wrong)!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@DoeZ ,

Let's focus on the Walmart login...

I just tested auto-login via 1Browswer to Walmart and it worked for me. Also, credentials are entered when using Safari, sharing to 1Password as well.

What URL is saved in your Walmart entry?

Is there a way I can get all my saved pw's from another app over to this one?

You'd need to have that app export the data in a readable format, and then get that data from your IOS device to a Mac or Windows. From there, the data must be converted. Is your app able to export the data in a readable format?

• DoeZ
    DoeZ
    Community Member
    Options

What URL is saved in your Walmart entry?

The URL I have saved is its website...https://www.walmart.com

Is your app able to export the data in a readable format?

The other app I have all my stuff in is now called Blur...once known as MaskMe or DNTMe...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoeZ: Yeah, this can be pretty confusing at times, as many websites use different URLs and even domains (and protocols!) for different areas or login forms.

When your Walmart login is not coming up in 1Password, does the URL match the one you have saved, or is it obviously different? Also, it may be different in a non-obvious way.

Keep in mind that you can also add multiple URLs to your login items if they need to be used at multiple site/URLs. In this case, just copy and paste the URL where you are having trouble logging in into your login item in 1Password, and -- after verifying the URL to ensure that it is a legitimate site and not one trying to fool you -- save the login and you should be offered it at that address as well.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• DoeZ
    DoeZ
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure if its my url that's the problem...cuz when I click on the url when I'm in my 1Password it takes me to the actual site...then I click the key on the bottom and it opens to my walmart acct (in pix)...then it takes me back to my walmart acct (2nd pix)...so I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if it is a wrong url...but how can it be a wrong url...or should I drop the http:// ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoeZ: Definitely use HTTPS, as you don't want to submit login credentials over an insecure connection. It looks like the login item URL is HTTPS , so that makes it easy to go directly to the secure login page with 1Password at least.

So just to clarify, you are offered your Walmart login when you use 1Browser in 1Password; but when you use the 1Password extension in Safari at the same URL you are not offered the Walmart login? That the URL is identical in both cases is what I am most interested in, as if that isn't working consistently we may have a problem on our end.

If you would be so kind, copy the URL where your login works in 1Password, and then copy the URL where it does't work in Safari so we can compare. It is possible that when you go to the site you are being redirected to a different URL that what you have saved, so I want to be completely sure. Please let me know what you find! :)

This discussion has been closed.