Date Error Behaviour

Options

I think there's some error checking going on when filling out a date field but it's not informing the user of the error. For example, if you choose a date for a month outside the valid range (choosing 31 days for a month that only has 30 days for example), the form is saved with null entries in all fields. The application should advise you that you've chosen an invalid date and prompt you to correct it. Otherwise, unless you're paying attention, you won't know that your entry has been erased.

Thanks

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FuriousFan When and where are you seeing this? Thanks!

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

I create a new field in a record and choose the type Date. I put in 31 for the day, 06 (June) for the month and whatever for the year. I save the record and the date field I created and populated is now blank. I've noticed this behaviour before but this was the first time I had an opportunity to raise this. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FuriousFan: Got it! Yeah, if you enter an invalid date (February 31st, for instance), the new fields will not show in the item detail but will be present (and blank) in the edit view -- just as if you save a blank (also not valid) date. I've filed a ticket for this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! :)

ref: OPW-382

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

I'm good at finding bugs lol.

• LauraR
    Options

@FuriousFan - great qa work :)

This discussion has been closed.