Syncing problems from Windows to Mac, iOS

Options
tamorgen
tamorgen
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am running Windows 7 along with the latest version of 1Password (4.3.1.560). I am also runing the latest version on my iPhone, my iPad, and my Mac. My workplace blocks access to DropBox, so I am unable to sync via that method. They do not block iCloud Drive, and I installed the iCloud drive on my laptop, and I can see the 1Password.agilekeychain folders in there. The issue I am facing is that when I update passwords on any of my devices, they do not sync up via iCloud. This is true of syncing from my iPhone/iPad to Mac, Mac to iPhone/iPad, or Windows to Mac, and Windows to iOS.

The other issue is that my workplace also is blocking the WiFi sync via a Host Based FW, so I can't even make it a two step process to get it to my Mac.

What can I do to troubleshoot this and get all of my passwords synced properly?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

That's because the Apple platform apps use a new version of iCloud storage. The Apple apps can't use the old form and the new form isn't available on Windows.
    Basically, iCloud is not a viable method for sync Windows to OSX or iOS.

I think your only option is to use folder sync on the Mac to sync the vault to a usb stick and then copy the vault onto your Windows box.

• LauraR
    Options

@tamorgen - As @RichardPayne suggests, the folder sync would be a good way to accomplish this as you can then copy the .agilekeychain to your Windows PC. You just need to folder sync to a local folder on your Mac and then copy from there.

This discussion has been closed.