Windows 8.1 / Android 4 / Dropbox

Options

I have been using 1Password on my PC for about a year. No problem. But I cannot configure 1Password app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 to sync with Dropbox, which I have just installed on both PC and mobile since you do not appear to support OneDrive.

Dropbox is fully tested and working on both machines, all except for 1Password. Your FAQ says: "The first step is to enable sync, tapping the switch so that it’s in the ON position. As soon as you do, 1Password will prompt you to choose local storage or Dropbox."

Well, it doesn't. The switch is ON , exactly as per the picture, and nothing happens. there is no prompt. So how do I tell the 1Password app that I want it to sync with Dropbox?

Will someone please tell me how to sort this. Thank you.

Nigel Brown

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

Hi Nigel, as soon as you toggle on the Sync option in the 1Password app, you should see the screen titled 'Storage & Syncing' and you can select local storage or Dropbox. If you don't see this can you try reinstalling the 1Password app on your Android device. Please let me know if this helps.

• NigelBrown
    NigelBrown
    Community Member
    Options

If I re-install will I have to purchase another copy of the app? I only re-purchased - and paid again for - this one yesterday because the "PlayStore" did not recognise my purchase of it several months ago. This follows me applying a factory reset of the phone and having to start again. Last year I was happily syncing 1Password between PC and mobile by wi-fi but I have struggled for months and failed of late, hence my going for Dropbox (what about OneDrive?). Judging by the number of sync problems on your Support Forum I am just one of a cast of thousands who have sync problems with your software.

• LauraR
    edited April 2015
    Options

You can re-install and you will not have to re-purchase. I'm sorry but we don't offer One Drive syncing in 1Password on Android. Dropbox sync should work really well.

• NigelBrown
    NigelBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for assuring me that I will not have to purchase the 1Password app in order to re-install. But I had to re-purchase the app already this week so I don't like or trust Google's PlayStore that much. Anyway, I have now "synced" 1Password between PC and mobile by connecting the two via USB and copying agilekeychain files across between the devices in File Explorer. Works fine!

• LauraR
    Options

@NigelBrown - so long as you use same Google account in the Play Store , it should never re-charge you to re-install an app, or install an app on another Android device that is using that same account. If it has, I would take this up with the Play Store.
    I'm glad you were able to sync using USB. If you want further help setting up the Dropbox sync could you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.