Anymeeting

Options
iamecho
iamecho
Community Member

Hi .. I was hoping someone could help me with a seemingly easy problem. I log into the same chatroom for work via Anymeeting.com every day. Once the url is launched it takes me to a page where I just have to enter my name in the first box, and my email in the second. I have tried to create this as a login and have got as far as the website launching and one piece of info filled in. In the username box in the 1P login category I put my name and in the password box I put my email address .. but when I select it is puts nothing in the Name box and then my name in the email box. The website in question is:
https://www.anymeeting.com/WebConference-beta/default.aspx?ip_ek=chicagostock1

Can some brilliant person help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

IamEcho

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamecho,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Login for that site!

Please try manually saving a new Login for that site. When I do that, it seems to fill the fields on that site correctly. Does the new Login item work correctly for you?

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew - thanks for this info. I just re-created the entry and now it does submit both my name & my email. The final step would be to figure out how to have 1P hit the green button which says "Join this Meeting" but perhaps I'll quit while I'm ahead and call it a victory! Thanks for your quick response. :)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

One other thing Drew .. and this is weird. I have two pieces of info to entry - name & email. How come only one piece of info is visible? I've checked this half a dozen times so far. The 1P entry only shows username which is my email address. It does not show the first piece of info which is entered which is my name. Weird huh. It seems to work fine even though only one piece of the info is showing.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamecho ,

I'm glad to hear that Drew was able to help you get this Login working better for you! If you have the 'Automatically submit logins after filling' setting enabled in Preferences > Browser, 1Password will essentially hit the 'Enter' key after filling your details. If the 'Join this Meeting' button is coded differently than the standard 'login' or 'submit' button, it might not be possible to get 1Password to hit the button.

I have two pieces of info to entry - name & email. How come only one piece of info is visible? I've checked this half a dozen times so far. The 1P entry only shows username which is my email address.

Login entries are designed to display two pieces of information: a username, and a password. For the page you're describing, it sounds like you have two pieces of identifying information and no password, and 1Password has picked the email address as the main identifier. If you click on the 'show web form details' button in the 1Password entry, you should see both your email address and your name. Is this the case?

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan - you've answered one of my questions before & you are so thorough & detailed - thank you! And yes, you are rightm when I select show web form details I see both pieces of info. You are also correct that I am using a name and email and no password. So thanks for the explanation and the work around. I use 1P all the time .. it's hands down the best app out there. Thanks for your terrific customer support & also to Drew. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamecho,

On behalf of @Megan I'm happy to hear her explanation helped. What I like to do with the more unusual logins is use custom fields to record the extra information, just so it's more readily visible in the Login item. All I'm really doing is duplicating what is in the web form details but it makes for a nice looking Login that you can glance at. I do the same with aspects such as security questions or password requirements, anything that it's worth recording for that site.

Thank you for your kind words too :smile:

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @littlebobbytables - if I did that (use custom fields so that I could see both pieces of info) would I leave the top 2 fields (username & password) as is and just create two custom fields essentially duplicating the info up top so that I could see it quickly when looking at the log in? Meaning .. is there a way to have these two pieces of info be entered automatically other than having them listed in "username" field and "password" field. Does that make sense? I like the idea of what you're saying .. create custom fields to see the info .. but are you suggesting I delete the username / password fields and just add that info further down or will that prevent the data being entered when I launch the log in? I've made this overly complicated .. I apologize.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamecho,

Sorry, I should have clarified.

When you fill a login page what 1Password passes to the browser are the web form details. If a piece of information needed to log in isn't in the web form details then it won't be used. If you delete a field from the web form details then whatever is deleted can't be used any more. So in general you don't want to touch the web form details without good reason.

Now the visible username and password fields at the top of a Login item are very special and they're connected to the web form details. When you update one of those fields the respective web form detail field is also update as they're linked.

Custom fields are completely separate from the web form details. They exist so you can store additional information and allow copying and pasting with a couple of clicks. I only create custom fields for information that isn't already visible. For example, sites tend to either allow you to generate a username or you use your email address as your username. As I use a unique email address at each site I like to record that information in the Login item. If the email address is used as the username the information is present and I don't need to do anything more. If there is also a username I use a custom field with a label titled email address and set the type to that of email. It isn't used when I log in but it allows me to track where I've used each address.

All of this is really user preference (with one exception - TOTP). You might be happy enough knowing the relevant details are stored in the web form details section and you find little use for custom fields. I make good use of the password type for things like security questions as I never use real answers and without 1Password I'd be screwed. As a previous 1Password 3/4 user some of my Login items made good use of the notes field but I've been shifting that information over to custom fields as I find they handy, especially the click to copy action.

Does that help?

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables Fantastic explanation, and yes, I'm completely set now. Thank you for taking that time to write that .. a lot of information & I greatly appreciate it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad we could help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.