1Password does not log out after I quit the application.

Options
ZINCT
ZINCT
Community Member

I logged in to retrieve a pasword and then quit the app. A few minutes later, I needed another password and I launched the app and it opened without asking for a password. As I'm writing this, about 10 minutes after I logged out, I just relaunched the app again, and again, no password needed. As I'm typing this, I thought maybe I should force quit the app and then relaunch - same issue, no password needed. I'm on a mac, running 10.8.5. I've not updated the system or made any changes to the software prefs. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Check what lock settings you have., and adjust to suit you.

The main thing is that quitting 1PW does not quit 1PW mini. And if 1PW mini remains unlocked then 1PW itself will be unlocked when it is reopened. There's a keystroke for quitting both, but I can't recall it, something like shift-command-Q or option-command-Q

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ZINCT,

Please let me know if you have any questions after reading @danco's post. He is correct. You can use ⌘⌃Q ( Command-Control-Q ) to quit both 1Password and 1Password mini, but the handy thing is that the mini is available to help you fill Logins and access your data even if you don't have the main app open. In fact, mini is so handy that I barely need to open the main app anymore.

If you let us know the settings you have in Preferences > Security, we can better let you know what behaviour you can expect from those settings.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Of course, following standard life options, out of three possible modifier keys I gave the two wrong ones!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ZINCT,

In addition to Megan and danco's suggestions, I wanted to mention that you can use the ^⌥⌘L ( Control+Option+Command+L ) keyboard shortcut to lock 1Password at any time, from anywhere on your Mac, even if the main 1Password app is closed (as long as 1Password mini is still running).

And as Megan mentioned, you can find some helpful settings in the 1Password Preferences (from the main app, go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences, then select the Security tab). You'll see several options for Auto-lock there, which determine when 1Password locks itself. You can find more information about those settings here.

I hope this helps, but if you have more questions about that, just let us know! :)

• ZINCT
    ZINCT
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks folks this was helpful - I will give these a try. cheers

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Right on, @ZINCT! We'd love to hear how it goes for you.

• ZINCT
    ZINCT
    Community Member
    Options

Yup - it was the mini. thanks!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem, @ZINCT! Happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.