1Password APP From Amazon?

Dons
Dons
Community Member

Hi,

I was just wondering if this was an official app from agile bits? As on the website it only mentions the android app being available on Google Play.

I downloaded the app and when I went to install it I noticed some suspect grammar, this has me questioning its authenticity.

http://www.amazon.com/AgileBits-com-1Password-Reader/dp/B006L0A5P8

I am trying to get 1password to work on my BlackBerry Z10, which has recently added android app capability, but only has an official app for the Amazon Store.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

The reader app is really old and no longer maintained. Unfortunately the new app is only available on Google Play and Agilebits have not been forthcoming on the subject of alternative market places.
    I suspect that they don't feel that the other markets are big enough to warrant the extra work in making the in-app purchase work.

That said, @mverde @saad, is there a reason you don't provide the "reader" functionality as a side loadable apk download?

• 1Password Reader is our current version on the Amazon App Store. It has been discontinued from the Play Store and replaced with 1Password 4. We have seen several requests for Amazon App Store in the past and it’s something we will be reviewing for the future.

While we don’t have any plans for the Amazon App Store right now, you can continue to use 1Password Reader or “sideload” our beta version of 1Password 4 for Android on your device. I am unable to promise full compatibility with Kindle devices as 1Password 4 is developed for the Android OS but other Kindle users have reported positive feedback. Please be sure to backup your data regularly if you do plan on sideloading the beta.

• Dons
    Dons
    Community Member

Thank you both for your comments/help.

• You're very welcome. Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.