Use Login for more than 1 site [1Password support multiple URLs per Login]

Options
pixeldroid
pixeldroid
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Is it possible to use a login for more than 1 site?
For example, when I backup my Wordpress site and make a local copy, It has the same login/pwd. Because I do this often, I don't want to create a new 1Password login each time nor clutter up my saved pwds in my browser settings. Is there a way to use 1Password to push a saved login the currently loaded page?
Thanks.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pixeldriod,

Yes, it is possible to use one Login item for multiple sites.

First, make sure this is enabled in 1Password's preferences. Open the main 1Password application, unlock, press the Preferences button to go to the Login tab and check Enable Multiple Logins. Press OK to save it.

Now, edit your Login for your Wordpress site and under the URLs text field, press Add URL to add the URL of your second site that uses the same Login. Once you save it, 1Password should show you this Login item on your second site.

• pixeldroid
    pixeldroid
    Community Member
    Options

That's great. Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

• SirDaedalus
    SirDaedalus
    Community Member
    Options

Works great, thanks! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! I'm glad that helped, but we're here if you need anything else. :)

• scwtech
    scwtech
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hello, I have a pre-sales question that I think is related to this question and also to a problem I'm having with Firefox's native pw storage system. See this question I posted:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1091483

Basically, this has two components for both FF and 1P: I do use the same login for a few different wordpress back-ends, so I'd want to save those as a list. Then, I'll need 1P to be able to differentiate between two identical pages that have different URLs and (sometimes but not always) different logins. I can imagine that many wordpress admins have this exact problem. Any help/thoughts you can provide would be great. Thanks!

ps -- I'll be using 1P on Mac and iOS. I know this is the Windows forum but this question seemed to apply to exactly what I'll be facing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scwtech: As MikeT mentioned above, you can use multiple URLs to use the same login credentials across multiple sites. Additionally, you can use 1Password Preferences > Logins > Domain Matching to set different domains as equivalent. Otherwise, 1Password will always treat different URLs as separate. It won't offer you a Login saved at agilebits.com for 1password.com. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.