Wear OS (Android Wear) Support

ntimontimo
edited September 15 in Android Beta

Hello, when will you add Android war support? Like the Apple watch support.

Comments

• I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you have a link?

• I know what the Apple Watch is. I meant this:

Android war support

It read like some sort of product codename, or did you mean Android Watch?

• I meant Android Wear sorry for that.

• Ahh, that makes more sense. :)

• periperi

Team Member

Thanks for your interest in seeing 1Password for Android Wear! This would be awesome, but at the moment, we have no plans to add support there.

Our Android team is concentrating on improving the Android app. While Android Wear support isn't totally out of the realm of future possibilities, we aren't currently considering it.

That said, Android war scares me and I totally don't support that. If it ever happens, I'd hope to have Sarah Connor on my side. :lol:

• +1 for Android Wear support!

• periperi

Team Member

Thanks @SimMac! I'm adding your vote. :)
    ref: OPA-514

• For it would be enought to just see my Two factor codes on Android. Because its anoying to always switch between the app and the browser on my tablet or pc to fill it in.

• periperi

Team Member

Hey @ntimo. :)

1Password 4 for Android has support for viewing TOTPs, so you should be able to see them on from your Android. If you're having trouble viewing your TOTP fields in 1Password, please let us know. Thanks!

• @peri I guess @ntimo meant Android Wear support for OTP at least. This would be awesome and enough for just now.

• saadsaad

Team Member

We will review this feature when we look into adding 1Password support for Android Wear. Thanks. :)

• +1 - I'd love to see two-factor codes on my Android Wear watch :)

• periperi

Team Member

Thanks for the vote! I'll go ahead and pass this along to the team. :)

• +1 to Android Wear support. +1 to seeing TOTP as well.

• periperi

Team Member

I'll add your :+1: for TOTP and Android Wear support, @Stan Chan. Thanks!

• guillaumesertonguillaumeserton Junior Member

+1 for me too, does your roadmap has evolved regarding Android wear support?

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited April 2016

@guillaumeserton: Nothing new to announce, but it's something we're considering.

I'd love to hear which watches folks are Wearing. :)

• LG Watch Urbane (1st ten) :)

• Huawei Watch ;)

• periperi

Team Member

Thanks! I'll let @brenty know. :)

• moto360 +1 for android wear support!

• periperi

Team Member

Thanks, @Micro23! :)

• @peri Do you have an any kind of smartwatch?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@ntimo: I can't recall from the last time I saw her so I could be wrong, but Peri doesn't strike me as the type to be stopping to check her wrist for the time. But we've definitely got some watch aficionados on the team. :sunglasses: (Sorry, sunglasses was the best I could do there. lol)

• periperi

Team Member

@ntimo Hahah! I actually have an Asus ZenWatch 2, but I mainly use it to track my runs. Good assessment, @brenty. :lol: I'm totally not the type to stop and check my watch for the time.

• I just wanted to ask if there maybe have been some kind of tests with android wear that we don't know about yet. Or any news?

• periperi

Team Member

Hey Timo. :) Unfortunately I don't have any news on this at the moment. We're prioritizing a number of other issues for coming updates, and I can't say if/when we'll be able to support Android Wear.

• +1 for Android Wear support!

• saadsaad

Team Member

Thanks for sharing your interest, @jan0711!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file