Dropbox not sync with 1password

Options

I have tried to read all the related threads about dropbox but none seem to either work or pertain to what I need. I need come help! I am brand new to 1password and started to store passwords but now I want to see them on my tablet or phone with dropbox and they are not there. I am lost. someone please help me.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mfeicco,

We'll be happy to help you get Dropbox sync working with 1Password.

Can you tell us more about your devices, are they Android or iOS devices? Note that the Dropbox app itself does not have to be installed on the mobile devices as we have built Dropbox sync support into the mobile versions of 1Password.

The first thing to do is to make sure you install Dropbox on your PC with 1Password, and once it is installed, go to the 1Password's Preferences to move your data vault to the Dropbox folder. This guide will help with this process: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/setting-up-dropbox-sync

Once you tell us a bit more about your mobile devices, we'll explain how to get the sync to work there.

• mfeicco
    mfeicco
    Community Member
    Options

I have a laptop that is Windows XP, I also have two tablets that are android. I had dropbox on my laptop prior to 1password. I will try and move it to the dropbox folder.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

You should note, if you're not already aware, that XP is a dead OS. Neither Microsoft nor Agilebits support it. For now, 1Password mostly works correctly that that's not guaranteed. You should ditch it as soon as possible.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@mfeicco: RichardPayne is correct about Microsoft ending support for Windows XP; it will not be receiving updates going forward

And while 1Password is not officially supported on XP, we do make an effort not to break anything there either. But remember that we are always happy to support you!

Regarding Dropbox Sync, make sure that you install Dropbox on your computer and move your 1Password vault there so you can access it from your Android devices. Just be aware that you won't be accessing your 1Password data through the Dropbox mobile app, but rather the 1Password app itself on Android, which you can download from the Google Play Store. Then you just need to tell 1Password for Android where your data is in Dropbox (under "Syncing an Existing Vault") and you'll be up-and-syncing!

Be sure to let us know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.