1 Password is damaged and can't be opened

Options
volcanoboy
volcanoboy
Community Member

Got this message today. When I'm going to appstore there's only the option to purchase, not to download. Downloading from the website doesn't add a licence.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

From where did you buy 1P originally: the AgileBits store or the Mac App Store? What you need to do is:

1. Drag the 1P app to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool, which is likely to try to delete files you need to keep).
    2. Empty the trash and reboot.
    3. Re-download from the place you originally bought it (i.e., the AgileBits store or the Mac App Store) and re-install 1P.

If you can't remember where you bought it please tell us the exact, full name of the 1P app in your Applications folder and we might be able to work it out for you.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @volcanoboy,

Hopefully Stephen_C's post helps.

If you definitely purchased from Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) the after you reboot you would want to look in the Purchases tab of the App Store where all of your purchases are listed. With the damaged copy removed the OPEN button should now be a DOWNLOAD or INSTALL, I can never remember which it is for 1Password for Mac (MAS).

If you're still having troubles identifying where you purchased then please do let us know as Stephen_C has said.

• volcanoboy
    volcanoboy
    Community Member
    Options

Cheers bud! That did the trick :)

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome, @volcanoboy! Stephen_C and littlebobbytables to the rescue. Glad you've got 1Password back up and running. If there's anything else we can help you with, do let us know. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.