Dropbox won't sync

Options
pajacla
pajacla
Community Member

running macbook pro and also have iPad and iPhone. I have ben syncing 1password with iCloud on all three devices with no problem. If I updated a file, I would see it quickly the the other two devices. I changed syncing to Dropbox on my macbook pro first, due to wanting to share the file with my wifes three Apple devices because she has a different Apple account. Dropbox appears to be working properly. When I open my Dropbox account the 1Password file is there with the 1Password agilekeychain in the folder. Then I changed syncing to Dropbox on my iPad and iPhone, and syncing acts like its running with the timer, but if I add a new test login entry in 1Password, it does not appear on the other devices. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pajacla,

Unfortunately, as you're already aware, that is one of the limitations of iCloud so yup, let's try and get Dropbox working properly.

The first thing to figure out is if any syncing is going on and where so here's what I would like you to do.

1. Can you create a test item in each copy of 1Password and title it for easy identification e.g. test item (Mac), test item (iPad)...
    2. Let each each sync which you can prompt by locking the vault and unlocking it.

What will help us figure out what is going on is if you can tell us if any of the devices synced with any of the others and which they were. Another useful tidbit of information would be if you were to use 1PasswordAnywhere and let us know if the contents of the .agilekeychain on Dropbox's servers differs at all compared to your other findings.

These two bits of exploratory work should give us a good idea of the likely cause and from there a fix. We look forward to hearing back on the results.

• pajacla
    pajacla
    Community Member
    Options

I actually had already done exactly that. i created new login called abc mac test on my macbook and it never appears on iPhone or iPad, I then created new login called abc iPad test on on iPad and it does not appear on my other devices. I looked in the Dropbox folder in Apple Finder and in it there is a folder called 1Password, and in it there is an item called "1Password.agilekeychain" which was created when I changed sync to Dropbox. On my iPhone and my iPad I noticed that sync is running continuous, not sure if that means its looking for the sync file and can't find it possibly

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pajacla,

I think the best way forward would be with a couple of diagnostic reports.

I would like you to create the following Diagnostic Reports, one for each of your devices.

Then attach everything to an email to us: support+ forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• pajacla
    pajacla
    Community Member
    Options

I reread the 1Password Instructions and realized that I checked the delete box for the iCloud files. I believe that to be my mistake. I backpedaled and Synced to iCloud with no problem. Then I changed Sync to Dropbox and this time I did not check the box to delete the iCloud file. This time it transacted without a hitch. I then started sync on my iPad and iPhone and it ran smooth on both devices. I added a test login on all three devices and the other two see the updated files in less than a minute. It appears that my mistake was deleting the original sync file to iCloud, but not sure. Could u verify this....thanks for continuous support......pj out

• Hi @pajacla,

It's great that it's up and working. Thanks for the update. However... I think that checkbox is more coincidence than reason in this case. iCloud sync shouldn't interfere (or help) sync via Dropbox at all. If you run into any more problems, please do let us know.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.