Cannot view Attachments on iOS anymore

Options
fmfranzeck
fmfranzeck
Community Member

iOS: 5.4
Win: 4.3.1.560

I use opvault on Windows, as with agilekeychain i was unable to sync Attachments to my iOS app. That worked perfect so far. Today (with a new 1Password version installed), i added another Attachment to one of my Bankaccounts. After syncing it to iOS, i am unable to open it. On iOS, it just says "Loading ..." and never opens it (older Attachments work flawlessly). Before this went really smoothly. I tried to reinstall 1Password on my iOS Device and after a complete sync, i wasn't able to view any Attachments at all. I even reverted my backup on Windows and did a complete sync all over with no effect. Viewing Attachments on Windows works. This is a very serious issue for my, as i got a lot of important documents as Attachments.

Comments

• fmfranzeck
    fmfranzeck
    Community Member
    Options

btw: followin the starting over guide doesnt help

• Ben
    Options

Hi @fmfranzeck,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I've read your situation over a few times now, and I asked one of my colleagues to do the same, and I'm still not sure we're 100% clear.

Could you please tell me the total number of devices in the equation? Is there just one Windows device and one iOS device?

Do the attachments still open okay on Windows?

You're able to see the attachments exist on iOS, but cannot open them, correct?

I think it would be helpful if we could get a diagnostic report in this case. On iOS please try opening one of the attachments and then immediately after it fails to open please send us a report. You can find instructions on doing so here:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the Report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report, and have the answers to my questions above, we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• fmfranzeck
    fmfranzeck
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

• There are 2 devices involved: 1 Windows PC and 1 iOS Device.
    • The Attachments still open okay on Windows.
    • Yes, i can see the Attachment's filename on iOS an tap on them, but then the following screen just says "Loading ..."
    • I only sync via WiFi
    • Sent diagnostic report, Support ID [#JTP-85979-527]
  • Ben
    Options

Thank you @fmfranzeck! I received your report and am currently reviewing it with one of our developers. One thing we'd like you to try is creating an entirely new item on the Windows PC and then add an attachment to that and sync it over to your iOS device. See if you are able to open that attachment.

Thanks!

• fmfranzeck
    fmfranzeck
    Community Member
    Options

One thing we'd like you to try is creating an entirely new item on the Windows PC and then add an attachment to that and sync it over to your iOS device. See if you are able to open that attachment.

Thats does not work, same problem as with all the other attachments

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thank you for testing it.

I've filed a bug against this issue. Hopefully our developers are able to track it down quickly. :)

Thanks!

ref: OPW-391

• Ben
    Options

@fmfranzeck,

Today (with a new 1Password version installed)

Was that a new version of 1Password for Windows, or a new version of 1Password for iOS that you installed? Do you happen to know which version you were running previously?

Trying to track down where exactly this regression happened.

Thanks.

Ben

• fmfranzeck
    fmfranzeck
    Community Member
    Options

I allways have the latest Windows and iOS version via auto-update installed. I used the most recent Windows version on January 29th 2015 to create the Attachments that iOS could read. I always could view the attachments on iOS regardless of the iOS version, except the recently new created ones. I can't tell with what Windows version the behaviour changed, as i didnt add any Attachments till April 18th.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, so perhaps I just misunderstood your original statement?

I thought you were saying you installed either a new version of 1Password for iOS or a new version of 1Password for Windows and immediately following that is when viewing attachments on iOS stopped working.

• fmfranzeck
    fmfranzeck
    Community Member
    Options

Quote from my first post:

Today (with a new 1Password version installed), i added another Attachment to one of my Bankaccounts. After syncing it to iOS, i am unable to open it.

... just says "Loading ..." and never opens it (older Attachments work flawlessly)

• fmfranzeck
    fmfranzeck
    Community Member
    Options

Just after deleting the iOS app and doing a complete new sync, all Attachments didn't work anymore

• Ben
    Options

Yep, I got that part, it was more this part I was trying to clarify:

with a new 1Password version installed

The phrasing there makes it sound like you had just installed a new version of 1Password, and then ran into the trouble, which would cause us to think perhaps there were a regression between the version you previously had and the version you have now.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @fmfranzeck, (and anyone else experiencing this problem)

We have identified this as a bug in our Windows application and our development team has been made aware of it. Hopefully they will be able to come up with a fix soon.

ref: OPW-391

• fmfranzeck
    fmfranzeck
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.