How do I access a vault? [Manage Vaults page]

Options
aaronpowell
aaronpowell
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've just installed the alpha preview on my Lumia 930 (OS Version 8.10.14219.341), connected to my Dropbox (where I sync from the Windows using 1Password 4.3.1.560) but can't work out how I open the vault, or if it is opened and then how to access it.

I'm getting to the 'Manage Vault' screen, it shows 'Dropbox (Aaron Powell)' but I don't know what to do next.

Comments

• goshi
    goshi
    Community Member
    Options

Me to. Lumia 820 Windows 10 Technical Preview. Cannot found how to access Dropbox vault from the Vaults list

• WPNettwerk
    WPNettwerk
    Community Member
    Options

Same here Nokia Lumia 930. With Lumia Denim Firmware. So I sync vault from Dropbox but no way how to open vault.

• Hey Guys,

Unfortunately at the moment the 1Password Alpha only supports *.opvault vaults for syncing with Dropbox (not *.agilekeychain).

If you are using 1Password 4 for Windows, you can easily create a OPVault by clicking File > New 1Password Vault and selecting a file type of *.opvault.

Hope that clears up some confusion with the new Alpha :)

• aaronpowell
    aaronpowell
    Community Member
    Options

Can I convert an existing agilekeychain to opvault? Or import from the former into the latter? I've got a few hundred entries I'd prefer not to loose ;)

• WPNettwerk
    WPNettwerk
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah. Well, I have Mac. I don't want to install Windows for just convert to OPV. I'll be glad if AgileBits release app for it.

• lyo
    lyo
    Community Member
    Options

I second that. I´m disappointed that *.opvault is no standard for the 1Password Family, three years after it´s been introduced. I´m a crossover User (Mac/Win/iOS/Android/WP) and standards are necessary to provide the best User Experience for people like me. Since 2008 I was not once disappointed by AgileBytes and 1Password. Today I am. Even in an alpha, the different vaults should be accessible.

But this is also a silver lining : In an alpha , errors or "features" can be corrected or improved.

• GreigAllen
    edited April 2015
    Options

OPVault is the future for 1Password and all its platforms, you can read more about its awesomeness here:

https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/security/en/topic/opvault-overview

If you are using 1Password 4 for Windows, after you create the new OPVault you can Export your data from the older vault to 1PIF, then Import it into your new OPVault.

However if you are using 1Password 5 for Mac we do have a work around for creating OPVaults, but its for our "power users" out there that know their way around Terminal. So if you would like the instructions please email our support team here: support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Caution: Because of a known problem with 1Password for Windows, some items may not make the transition from .agilekeychain through 1PIF to .opvault, so do not discard or stop using your .agilekeychain folder in 1Password for Windows! We apologize for the inconvenience.

• hideftv
    hideftv
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way to connect this Modern vault with 1Pass4 for Mac? Or create an .opvault? OS X10.9.5. There isn't a .opvault option when creating a new vault.

• Lapis
    Lapis
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I'd really like to know that too. I held off on upgrading to a newer version of 1Password on the Mac since the WP app had stagnated for so long. Do I actually have to upgrade to version 5 on the Mac just to test the new WP app?

Edit: I take that back, I guess I didn't hold off on updating for that reason so much as I can't updated it because it's listed as an incompatible update with my version of OS X (10.9.5). I'm hesitant to upgrade OS X because I've heard of issues people have had with the latest version and some software I use for work.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@hideftv: 1Password for Mac creates a file-system copy of your vault only if you set up sync using Dropbox, iCloud, or folder sync. That copy is typically .agilekeychain format, but there's a Terminal command that can change the setting to use .opvault, instead (though it's bullet-proof only with 1Password 5 for Mac).

• hideftv
    hideftv
    Community Member
    Options

I have several vaults setup. My primary is Wi-Fi sync, but I have two others that are dropbox synced. If I create a fourth vault can I use terminal to make it a .opvault? Or change one of the existing vaults?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I know that 1Password for Mac has different sync options for each vault, and I believe the 1Password for Mac documentation includes instructions on setting it up so that it syncs using the .opvault format.

• hideftv
    hideftv
    Community Member
    Options

Nowhere in any documentation can I find anything related to the opvault on 1Pass 4 for Mac. I created a new vault and setup that new vault to sync with Dropbox, but there is no option to use opvault. It automatically defaults to the .agilekeychain. Digging around your support pages, again I can find info about the .opvault, just nothing relating to Mac and creation.

• hideftv
    hideftv
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: I changed the sync for the primary vault from my local folder to iCloud to get the current 1Pass data folder in the cloud. I then reverted back to the local folder. Next, based on instructions in the forums I copied the data file to Dropbox and renamed it. 1Pass Modern saw the new opvault file and synced the contents.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, I can't find it, either. I was thinking of the 1Password for Windows docs, and it's not there, either. Sorry for the confusion! :/

Please drop us a line at support+windowsmodern.agilebits.com, and we'll provide the steps.

• Grishkaone
    Grishkaone
    Community Member
    Options

I apologise if this is a redundant question, but it's not clear to me.

I can create and use a .opvault vault with my 1Password 4 on Windows, no problem here. Then, I can use this vault, through Dropbox, with the new 1Password on my Windows Phone.
    1Password 5 for mac is not yet able to create a .opvault file, but it can use it without difficulties if I ask him ?

After reading the OPVault overview, I'm very interested to convert my main vault to this format : but I need to be certain that it could be use on every device at home (PC, Mac, Windows Phone and Android) without difficulties.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@Grishkaone Opvault works with 1Password for Windows (both regular desktop version and this new alpha), Mac OS X and iOS. It doesn't work with 1Password for Android.

• Grishkaone
    Grishkaone
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification @Xe997 :-)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @Xe997!

As I wrote above, @Grishkaone, if you drop us a line, we can provide the instructions for setting up 1Password for Mac to sync to the newer .opvault format.

• aaronpowell
    aaronpowell
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm - switching the Opvault works fine (and I'm running it from OneDrive)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

"Switching the OPvault" in what way, @aaronpowell?

• aaronpowell
    aaronpowell
    Community Member
    Options

Created a new vault of OPVault type and imported my items into it

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That’s great news, @aaronpowell—thanks for letting us know!

• Pogopaterson
    Pogopaterson
    Community Member
    Options

Having created a opvault and put it in OneDrive it still doesn't show up in Manage vaults on Lumia 830. I am signed into Onedrive on the app. Anyhelp needed please.

• @Pogopaterson, app looks for .opvault folders inside /Apps/1Password Alpha folder. If you are using non-English OneDrive, then it will be similar path, but localized Apps folder name. Can you please check that it's there?

• Mateusz
    Mateusz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    Same on my lumia as mentioned by Pogopaterson. Still can't open .opvault from onedrive even if it's placen in /Apps/1Password Alpha folder. I'm running with latest update that was published yesterday.

• @Mateusz, @Pogopaterson what language your system is set to use - English or something else?

• Mateusz
    Mateusz
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile my Phone has polish Language set

• @Mateusz, I think this might be the reason. Here is another post from a person with German language (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/201052/#Comment_201052) who had similar issue. Is there any \Aplikacje\1Password Alpha folder in your OneDrive (I hope translator translated it correctly to Polish :) )? If not, can you please try to rename Apps to Polish version and see if it helps?

This discussion has been closed.