Mac and iOS have different sync settings

Options
Sensel
Sensel
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

I am completely confused. My Mac 1P only seems to sync with dropbox but my iOS 1P wants to sync with iCloud. WTF!!!! This has been nothing but a bloody nightmare!!!

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you bought 1PW for Mac direct from AgileBits it cannot use iCloud sync (a restriction by Apple, which causes problems for AgileBits and some of their users). If you really prefer iCloud sync, you have to buy from the Mac App Store. You can get a refund from AgileBits if you bought no more than 30 days ago.

But 1PW on iOS does have an option to sync with Dropbox, though you may have to make some changes if it is currently set for iCloud.

Many people, including Agile staff, are happy with Dropbox sync.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi @Sensel,

We're sorry to hear that syncing between Mac and iOS has been frustrating for you. Hopefully @danco's information was helpful to you.

If you don't have the option to sync 1Password with iCloud on your Mac, that's because you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password. If you'd prefer not to purchase the Mac App Store version, your best bet will be to enable Dropbox sync on your iOS device. Here's a step-by-step guide to setting that up.

If you'd prefer not to use Dropbox, you may find the Wi-Fi sync option a better solution for you.

Let us know if you have any other questions or problems we can help you with. We're here to help you get the most out of 1Password and hopefully eliminate your frustration. :)

ref: OPI-2618

This discussion has been closed.