Installing One Password on Iphone

Options
manofmettle
manofmettle
Community Member

I have OnePassword for Mac version 5. Do I need a separate license to install it on my Iphone or sync it with the device? If not, how do I do this?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@manofmettle

Yes and no. :) You need the free iOS app if you want the basic functionality. If you want more features then an In App Purchase is available to enable those advanced feature.

This page has some basic info on the iOS app and the pro features. https://support.1password.com/pro-features-faq/

The iOS app is available thru the iTunes App Store.

• manofmettle
    manofmettle
    Community Member
    Options

so to be clear: i need two licenses, one for my desktop and one for my phone? if i use the free app on my phone, will i be able to sync it with the desktop onepassword? thanks for your help

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @manofmettle ,

You're correct - you will need a separate 'license' for 1Password on your desktop and on your iOS device. As thightower says though, the basic iOS app is free, and you can sync your data to the desktop with the free version. The Pro Features can be handy if you would like to do more than simply view your data on your mobile device though.

I hope this answers your questions, but we're here if you need any further clarification. :)

This discussion has been closed.